Sliding Seat...

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Ros20549

Sliding Seat...

Post by Ros20549 »

Hi... I need a problem solved please :roll: One of our seats moves everytime we set on it ,it slides out it's driving me nuts, being the neat freak that I am so sick of having to push it back in all the time.. :x has anyone had a similar problem and how did you fix it.

Cheers Ros.
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Swisslulu

Re: Sliding Seat...

Post by Swisslulu »

Ros, are you talking about the upholstered cushion? If so, attach Velcro to the underside of the cushion and the ply sheeting underneath. I guarantee it won't move then. 8-)
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Yes Lesley the cushion only happens with one, had thought of velcro did you just glue the strip to the ply side or did you use the shelf adhesive type. :?:

Thanks Ros
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Try the self-adhesive first. If it comes away after a while, you can always super glue it then. I guess it will depend on how often you want to remove the cushion. Lately I have found some self-adhesive stuff failing in the van due to high temperatures. E.g. The paper towel holder fell off on a 38 degree day while the van was parked in the yard. :? Still that is preferable to opening the van door and finding a screw on the floor and having no idea where it came from. :roll:
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Thanks once again looks like I will have to make a quick trip to Spotlight will just try sticking and maybe a little staple here and there that should do the trick.. :lol:

Cheers Ros.
ALAN 41

Post by ALAN 41 »

we have /had the same problem in the lounge at home, just used some of the anti slip stuff they use in cupboards.

Problem solved. :D :D :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

I was going to suggest that stuff you put inder floor rugs... :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

I'm still thinking about Lesley finding a screw on the floor of the van.... :oops:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck wrote:I'm still thinking about Lesley finding a screw on the floor of the van.... :oops:
Lucky female dog :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Well slip covers made for the van cushions, they look good, :D I purchased extra material when we had the van made so they look good. Now thanks for everyone for your advice on the slipping cushions, I had a metre of that non slip stuff they use on the soles of home made slippers it has little rubber bubbles on it , I sewed this to the underside of the slip cushions, also placed a piece of the rubber we all use in our cupboards underneath as well so will see if that works, if not will use Lesley idea of Velcro... Now the job for today is to modify our shade cloth wall that we use along the fridge side of the van.... have a good day everyone.

Cheers Ros.