Rubbish disposal on the road

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Robbee

Rubbish disposal on the road

Post by Robbee »

G'Day, When you're travelling and don't stop at caravan parks, where are you s'posed to leave your rubbish. There's sometimes a rubbish bin at a dump point, so I guess that's OK, but where else can one dispose of the bread bags, food scaps and other rubbish that accumulate whilst travelling the roads of this great nation? Often street bins are labeled "No domestic or household rubbish" or similar.
Craig

Re: Rubbish disposal on the road

Post by Craig »

Service stations, rest areas and shopping centres, just to name a few.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Macca

Post by Macca »

Anywhere ther is a rubbish bin beside the roadside
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

"No domestic rubbish allowed" does not refer to travelers.
Shires have 1000 different ways to stop large bags of rubbish being deposited in their bins , which are designed help keep garbage from being distributed across the roadways by humans and scavenging animals. It will assist the shire if you utilise these bins.
Jon
Hamo

Post by Hamo »

Not on the road out side my place, like some pig done today.

I live in the country on a farm to escape the pigs, but the city dwellers must be getting closer.

Hamo
homeless

Post by homeless »

I often take mine to the supermarket with me.

I normally park out the back to get a suitable space and there is always bins there.

The rubbish came from one of their mates so they can have it back. Only once been asked what I was doing and after telling them if I cant get rid of the rubbish I have got then I cant buy anymore from their store and will have to move on. Also tell them I prefer to leave the rubbish in a large store bin than leave it in a small bin around the town and have the chance of it blowing around and making their town untidy

I only shop in small towns so normally not a problem but if you put it in their big bin it does not fill up the roadside ones or the small ones in town and get the locals upset.

I never leave it at the camp sites even if there is bins as it takes up room that the weekend specials MAY use.

I often take more rubbish from a site than I take in as I am always picking up rubbish as I walk around.

Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status