Do you know the PM letter limit?

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
generdawg

Do you know the PM letter limit?

Post by generdawg »

Why on earth would someone want to post a personal message that long? :!: :o

Has anyone here known of, or been on the receiving end of such a monstrosity?

dawg
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Do you know the PM letter limit?

Post by T1 Terry »

On another forum, each previous PM remains linked in brackets as quotes, from both sides, they can get very long unless one party starts to edit the reply.
I have received the equivelant of War & Peace in a PM over on yet another forum, it actually came through as two PM's :lol: I had to take a coffee break half way through and do a few revisions to refresh the memory about what the actual question was :roll: it then came attached with a 36 page PDF file of a wiring diagram :shock: It took me a few weeks to finally explain the fix to the problem in a way the writer could understand, I should have attached a consultancy fee :lol: Maybe I'll get to go for a cruise on it when it's finished :D
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Do you know the PM letter limit?

Post by BruceS »

Maximum characters per post/message:
The number of characters allowed within a post/private message. Set to 0 for unlimited characters.

Long enough to get the message across I reckon!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA