Hi from Adele and Wayne

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
wayneP

Hi from Adele and Wayne

Post by wayneP »

We (me) being shy type of people,read more than participate are glad that we are allowed to join,
such a nice group. Yes I know some people from other places but it's great to read the friendly banter.

Admin,
I do not know where or if to just tag this to "Hello it's Happy Hr" or try and fit it in "Hammer & Chisel"
Re pages 8/9 in Hello it's Happy Hr 'window insulation', 2 years ago I brought the Airoshield Retroshield
from bunnings in silver (also came in gold) about 5 mtrs $70 ruffly. What I did was to fold it back on it self
x2 thickness but we had about 10 of those car windscreen blinds laying around so I contact glued them in
between the ( fold it back on it self x2) section. After cutting it to the window shape I then tapped the edges
with Ametalin Insulation Tape 50mm x 50m $13.50 brought 2(todays price). To help it stay against the
window I used the sticky velcro, stitched to the Airshield and thin slices on the windows.
After 80 o/o daily use off on fold put in bag behind seat etc, 2 front 1 driver side they
have lasted extremely well blocking lots of heat (yes must change the rubber windsceen wippers) and
keeping the heat in in winter. Plus blocking the light from exiting the windows. Used of-cut to cover 1/2in
polystyrene sheet for roof hatches. Yes penny pinching but don't have the funds BUT has and still is working.
Hope this helps someone. (sorry so long Admin but need your help to place)
kind regards
Wayne
Wayne
Driver/Maintenance Boy :D
dapope

Re: Hi from Adele and Wayne

Post by dapope »

Hi adele and Wayne,
Thats similar to what we did, except we founf in WA the single layer was enough. couple of bits of duk tape wound into the windows and was all good:)
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks Wayne & Adele for that info, sounds like that stuff from Buntings is the way to go..and a warm welcome to you as well.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
wayneP

Post by wayneP »

Thanks Dot & Dapope,
Dot & George yes I Know yours is 1 piece and bigger (the windscreen ;) ) but if you were to go this way you could stick(sew etc) some of those rubber suck shone thing's in the middle. I did't because old windscreen + rubber, sure as hell i would push the bloody windscreen out onto the road :oops: :evil:
Dapope, I just thought what am I going to do with all this stuff, bugger just X2 and use, been great and cheap! :mrgreen:
regards Wayne
Wayne
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

A welcome from me too Wayne & Adele, I'll find the thread to put in later, can't rush these things :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
wayneP

Post by wayneP »

Thanks to all, and i can read That you have a lot of girlsoops I mean work things on your mind Terry :roll: :lol:
Wayne
Dot

Post by Dot »

He is always got "girls" on his mind, about time he had "women" on his mind, a lot less trouble :roll: and he would get more work done :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
wayneP

Post by wayneP »

Found this picture, may help others in making theirs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne
Dot

Post by Dot »

Good one Wayne thanks
wayneP

Post by wayneP »

Hi To everybody, I would like to add an up date to the pics of Sun Dec 9 2012, Being short of penny's I made these and a side drivers side window.
It was not long after this picture as to speak the motor home went into storage. These homemade sun protectors have done real well. 2013-2016 and still going.
I drove the motorhome to work dec 2015 and I did the same this year 2016. The driver side window is the only one at present that has to to be replaced becauce of it looks like mould in the middle of the window. So for the cost of lets say 200 bucks (more tape on outside, brass rings for window suckers) these have been on our motorhome 24 /7 in the Qld sun in storage,me thinks I have done well.
OHH do they stop the heat. Answer do fish swim HaHaHa Yes I am Still happy with these.
Wayne