Toyota Coasters

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
cedtrains

Re: Toyota Coasters

Post by cedtrains »

Hi Peter,
I am lucky as I am over the road from the guys who will be doing my gas certificate, I annoy them on a regular basis.
25mm drain to anywhere a meter from source of spark etc. My door for the locker is in the rear panel of the Coaster, next to the door.
Glad I have them close because every time I suggest an option of what I would like they steer me back to what I must have.
The 240 has had the wiring run but as yet the Electrician hasn't started, mainly because I keep changing things. Just turning the bed around has created chaos while everything is being relocated.
Rob and Ruth
"The Road Less Traveled"
95 Coaster LWB
Gold Coast
Dot

Re: Toyota Coasters

Post by Dot »

Vents are not required in the door of the gas bottle compartment, also if there is a problem with the location of the drain in the gas compartment you can make the drain 50mm and run piping to the correct location with the exit pointing to the rear of the vehicle.Also with Normans bus the door to the gas compartment can be accessed via the rear cargo doors, provided the compartment is sealed from the vehicles interior.You should also consult your gas fitter, if you are in SA I found Tom Sika from the Office of the Technical Regulator very helpful.If you would like to understand gas requirements I would suggest a read of the complete regs for gas installations, in consultation with your installer and seeking any clarification from the office of the technical regulator in your state.Hope this helps, bear in mind I am not a gas fitter, so do not hesitate to check out anything I have said. P.S. This was dictated by George, I just typed it. The info was taken directly from the gas regulations that was sent to us from Tom Sika.. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.