Our new Van and fittings so far

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
BobnBev

Our new Van and fittings so far

Post by BobnBev »

Hi All, We have a new (to us) Van its a RoadStar Voyager 4000 21' 6' And over the last few months I have done some mods and fitted some new items to make things more homely as you do.
The first thing was to move the 2 spare wheels from the back and fitted them under the van ,on a wind up thing like the back of some utes have. Works well. That made room for the 2i Honda, and 2 jerrys.
Next was a diesel heater, all done and works fine, made the diesel tank from a SS 12 lt fire extinguisher. Then to remove the 3 way out and fit the 2 door Waeco in , that was a bit of a trying time with Bev looking over my sholder. But alls good shes happy..Then I moved the 200 amph LiFePo4 over from the old van and fitted it in ,( funny how it went better the second time) 2 new 200 watts panels plus the 300 watts from the old van = 700 watts. Thats all up and running. Bev wanted to take her Lemair no matter what! that ment removing the cupboard in the onsweet and making a new one, with a fold up lid. No wonder the van weighed so much all them staples in the back to hold the cupboard in place. But the new ones in with the washing matchine in place ,All happy here now..
We like nice drinking water, so under the van went a new SS 75lt tank with it own pump.
The tv went in ok and a new car dvd player, Bev loves her music, Vast sat tv, There is a CB as well. Made a new timber top for the table. Put a tap on the Aframe. Made a small long box under one side to put the fishing rods in.
And lastly the BBQ was put on a slide and in one of the bins .
Did I say changed all the lights to LEDs in side and out...
Had a BIG stick on made for the back reading , in lime green, "LiFePo4 Lithium Powered"
Other than that we havent done much at all to the van..
Thanks for reading this..
Bob n Bev....
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Our new Van and fittings so far

Post by BruceS »

I like a man with a plan!!!
It really sounds like you've put much thought and effort into what you need and how to get it all in there!
Can't wait to meet up and chat about it.

Are you sure you have to wait till after Christmas to test it all out?
:lol: :P :!:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Hi Bob n Bev....Your mods sound great. Did you do the LiFePo4 conversion yourselves? Our van is small (16.5' internal) but has almost .5kW solar and 320l water and has done a lot of off road with the previous owner. It's a 2005 build and the original batteries are not holding charge as well as they should so we are looking at converting to Lithiums.

Erich is busily following the relevant forums but we are unsure about a self-conversion, given that we are technically challenged. It would be interesting to hear your story.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

You hopefully will get to all meet up at Easter, better bring the sunnies though, not only the moonies are blinding, lithium powered led's are bright as well :lol:

Looking forward to seeing all these mods in person and finally meeting up with you Bob and Bev, talked lots on the phone and the forum though :D
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Welcome Bob & Bev to the forum.
I can see very shortly we may need to create a seperate section for these wonderful new battery installations.
Interest is expanding and acceptance of fact is becoming a norm.
Enjoy the friendship on here!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

admin wrote:I like a man with a plan!!!
It really sounds like you've put much thought and effort into what you need and how to get it all in there!
Can't wait to meet up and chat about it.

Are you sure you have to wait till after Christmas to test it all out?
:lol: :P :!:
Hi Admin, I dont hate my self that much that I would get out there over the silly season, This is my 4th conversion, 2 MHs and 2 caravans. We will be there @ Easter looking forward to it..

Well with out your help Terry it may not have happen as well as it did, I had been playing with Lithium cells(18650 type) for some time but never realy got down to how they worked. How things have changed. Thanks. Yes will see you as well at Easter.

Swisslulu I sent you a pm. With info on how to find out about DIY Lithium Batterys into a RV.. = pm T1, some times i do hate my self. just a little!
Bob n Bev....
BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

Small up date , DUST Bev said NO dirt roads, I saw on another forum where someone put a (BLOWER) in their van to put clean air in the van under pressure to keep the dust out. Good idea,
All I had to do was find out where I could- would - should put this thing where it didnt look like a add on from a junk yard.
Bev would see to that anyhow, she is a ( dont even think about it girl).
Any how its on and working and Bevs happy so All good. Photos carnt get all on so you will have to wait till Easter to see finished job..
Blower in cupboard.jpg[attachment=1]holden filter on fire wall.jpg
tube on snorkel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

Only kidding , more photos, thanks for looking..
Bob n Bev....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

So it blows the air out through the door gas vent, is that right? very interested to see how effective it is and a first hand look at Whitfield. Where did the blower fan come from? and how many $$
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

Hi Terry, Blower on e--bay @ $160 posted,( have found cheeper in the UK around 45 50 $??) filter $ 5 @ wreckers, SS work $60.
Time to fit all day plus the next and the next smile .
Yes thats what I hope will happen, when testing and it held a paper on the inside of one vent in the bedroom. have the door vent closed with tape...
We would like to do some of the tracks inland instead of just going on the black everywhere. Tanami type thing, and Im thinking there would be dust there right... smile. Thats where they make dust!!!
Bob n Bev...