Hi from Mininut2

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
mininut2

Hi from Mininut2

Post by mininut2 »

Hi All
Joined the forum a week ago, to learn more about motorhomes & all things associated. We currently have a Subaru Forester & a soft floor camper trailer. We have ordered an Iveco single cab 4x4, which we will receive in March 2014, which we will be building a pop-top box on the back of. It will be all 12volt, no 240volt. We hope to be doing a lot of inland travel over the next few years.
While I was reading another thread, Dot said that you have to tell "one lie", so here goes. I am a "good looking, fit, virile young man". Sorry that was four lies
Kind regards
Rick (& Sue) :lol:
Regards
Rick
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Mininut2

Post by BruceS »

Hi Rick & Sue,
Were you in Kingston SE, SA a day or 2 ago?
I'm sure I saw a "Rick & Sue" written on the back of a van!!

Regardless, welcome to the Forum, enjoy your stay & ask any questions that come to mind.
PS. The 'virile' bit doesn't interest me but ............. ;) ;)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Rick & Sue. Why no 240vac stuff? Heaps cheaper than the dedicated 12v stuff and the money you save buys proper batteries and a good quality inverter with some change left over for the solar.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
mininut2

Post by mininut2 »

Hi Guys
Thanks for the welcome.
Bruce, no that wasn't us in SA, we were in downtown Hervey Bay. Also, the virile bit doesn't interest me either ;)
Terry, when I said that there would be no 240volt, I meant that I would not be running any power points, 240v lights & no inlet socket. I will probably be using a domestic fridge/freezer through an inverter & a charger as well. I have read heaps of your posts on LiFePO4 & that is the way I will have to go, especially for weight purposes, as the truck is only 4495kg GVM
Kind regards
Rick
Regards
Rick
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Sorry for the delay Rick. No one noticed the post needed approval!!!
Should be all OK now that you've past that hurdle!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

mininut2

Post by mininut2 »

Thanks Bruce, much appreciated
Rick
Regards
Rick
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi & welcome Rick and Sue, What is the matter with you fellas? you are not worried about the virile part :lol: that deserves the biggest laugh of the century :roll: I'm not worried about it either 8-) Hope you realise Rick that you are expected to do a thread all about your build stages and that means pictures.
Jump right in and have fun. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
mininut2

Post by mininut2 »

Thanks Dot, I'll just have to learn how to attach pictures :roll:
Regards
Rick