Our 1976 Denning Mono.

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Dot

Re: Our 1976 Denning Mono.

Post by Dot »

Da boss will have to help you with that problem Steve,.. looking forward to seeing the awning as well..
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

ozfueler wrote:We have just had installed an electric awning, but not an RV one, we decided to use a 5.8 m, 240 v house patio/pool awning that has a full cassette and is remote controlled with a wind sensor that can be set to close it automatically, we've gone this way because we are already 2.5 m wide and had room on the roof side to mount it. Haven't seen this done before so hope it all works. :?

Tried to post some photos from the iPad Dot, but it said they were to large :?: , as you are aware I wasn't there when they were handing out smarts :roll: So I'll have to find out how to resize them and try again. :!:
Photos and a full description of the fitting and what you think of please Steve, that might be the way to go for the big bus. If you are already 2.5mtrs wide, how does this get around the over width problem?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Boss don't know nuddin about iPads!!!
For sure there would be an app for that though.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Ozfueler, I use an app called Tapatalk on my iPad. It was $1.99 when I bought it. It's the only way I have found to upload photos to a forum from an iPad. If you decide to buy it and need any help, just ask. Make sure to use the Tapatalk Hosted option for the upload and it will ask what size for the photo - I always choose medium. No need to resize your original pic.

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Macca

Post by Macca »

Ozfueler- Lesley has been a great help me in the past few days trying to set up a blog. Can't wait fro trip to start so that I can go the next step & learn how to sent to site.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Dot

Post by Dot »

Terry we got away with ours because the bus has a slight taper towards the top of the bus, we wouldn't have been able to put the usual awning (supports one down the side) due to the width issue.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
ozfueler

Post by ozfueler »

Hi Terry, we're a bit like Dot, our roof has quite a curve from the sides to the centre flat section and we had room to mount it on the curved section so that it doesn't overhang the bus sides. If you look at the photos posted previously you'll see a row of brackets running the full length of the bus on the passenger side roof, we have the solar panels attached on the inside of them and the awning on the outer side works well. :P

The awning is normally secured to a house or building by 3 large steel brackets, that are in line with each of the internal scissor arms that open and close it, because we had so much room it now has 5 brackets just to be sure, it is a full cassette type so is basically totally sealed when closed. Will give it its first real test on our way to Dot's and let you know, and will try and sort the photo problem for some pics, we're a bit like you busted up from an accident, so I thought this could be the best way to go, also more robust than an RV awning but it weighs a bit over 100 kgs, as I said we'll see soon. :?

Thank you Lesley and Macca, I will look in to the Tapatalk app, unfortunately I may need a lot off assistance Lesley, I'm not the most computer savvy ( read THICK ) person and have been known to throw things at them when THEY can't understand what I want to do. :oops:

Can send from my lap top but the iPad I'm still coming to grips with. I used to think all these yuppies with their fruit machines were just attention seeking wankers but within the first week of having my iPad I too had become a fully fledged wanker 8-) I love the thing, don't know how I coped without it. This is the first time in about 6 months that it has stumped me, I'm sure it can do it, not so sure whether I can ! :roll:

Steve...
ozfueler
Lorraine and Steve travelling the H.O.A. In a 1976 Denning Mono towing a 1936 Ford coupe street rod or A framing a 1998 Terios.
ucdailoi

Post by ucdailoi »

Wish you hadn't mentioned IPads... You have just woken the sleeping dog.....

I am so hooked on its versatility. Its such a delightful, practical bit of gear... I use it as my GPS with TomTom maps (special cradle on the dash) and wikicamps. With the Telstra dongle hanging in the back of the motorhome I am always connected to the web or email.... Its so versatile I am thinking it may be good for a cutting board as well...

Oh Gawd Im excited....
I am a man of many talents, being direct is one which seems to raise the most interest...
ozfueler

Post by ozfueler »

Know exactly how you feel Laurens, great things, I really like the way you use yours, might have to look further into that, although the bus windscreens are very large and I worry about sun exposure and heat.

Steve...
ozfueler
Lorraine and Steve travelling the H.O.A. In a 1976 Denning Mono towing a 1936 Ford coupe street rod or A framing a 1998 Terios.
ucdailoi

Post by ucdailoi »

A good point.....and to avoid that issue I have a Bluetooth GPS unit which talks to the Bluetooth on the IPad.

The IPad is in the shade and on a mounting bracket with the Bluetooth GPS sitting on the dashboard.

http://xgps150.dualav.com

Available from Australian suppliers
I am a man of many talents, being direct is one which seems to raise the most interest...