Dog Massage

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Dot

Dog Massage

Post by Dot »

Ever considered stretching your dog or putting them through a warm-up routine before you take them on a run or a long walk? Probably not, but dogs can suffer injuries if they don't warm-up properly before exercise and can experience muscle aches and pains once they cool down, just like their human counterparts.

Prepare your pet for exercise by briskly rubbing the large muscles of the neck, shoulders, buttocks

and thighs with the help of your hand. Lift and squeeze the muscles as if you're gently kneading bread dough. Finish by stroking your dog firmly all over his body to stimulate the nerves.

Massage can help soothe joint stiffness and soreness. Start by firmly stroking the area around the effected joint to warm it before gently compressing the area. The pumping motion will move fluids through the muscles and alleviate tendon tension.

You can also use massage to calm your dog during a thunderstorm or other times of anxiety, using sweeping strokes with the flat of your palm from the top of their head or neck, down their spine to the tip of their tail. Use your pet's reactions to determine the pressure of your strokes (but never press straight down on their lower back). Finish by resting one hand on the back of your pet's head and one at the high point over their hips – the area of the spinal cord that controls your pet's rest and relaxation responses.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
generdawg

Re: Dog Massage

Post by generdawg »

I'll have one of those - thanks. 8-)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I'm first - after you - Generdawg! ;)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Can i be next
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Dot

Post by Dot »

Must be laying on the table in your birthday suit in view of everyone present :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Dot wrote:Must be laying on the table in your birthday suit in view of everyone present :lol:
Sorry Dot, but absolutely no one is giving me a massage in or on their birthday. And I can't see the benefit of backing up to a table so the masseuse can reach me. :?

dawg (like so many things in life, if it sounds too good to be true...well, you know.)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thought you might re think :lol: :lol:
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Dot wrote:Prepare by briskly rubbing the large muscle and thighs with the help of your hand. Lift and squeeze the muscle as if you're gently kneading bread dough. Massage can help soothe stiffness . Start by firmly stroking the area to warm it before gently compressing the area. The pumping motion will move fluids through the muscles and alleviate tension.
Yep, I can definitely verify that this action has the above quoted responses & leaves one rather well satisfied - & you don't even need a dog!! :twisted:

(Poetic licence taken with some deft editing.) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

And Chuck wins the free massage redeemable next week :lol:
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

Dot wrote:Start by firmly stroking the area around the effected joint to warm it before gently compressing the area. The pumping motion will move fluids through the muscles .......
Just reminded me. Next door neighbour collected 12 straws of Semen from his best Grayhound before it went off to the blood bank to be put down. Win-win-win all round - dog was happy, owner was happy, and the blood bank was happy. I guess any recipient of the blood, and its owner, would be happy too. Five happy outcomes from one doggy massage.

Iza