Co feeding..How to combine a dry food diet with fresh meat.

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Dot

Co feeding..How to combine a dry food diet with fresh meat.

Post by Dot »

Canines and felines have evolved on a diet of muscle and organ meat, vegetable matter and raw meaty bones for millions of years, and Mother Nature's menu is as relevant to our modern day domestic dogs and cats as it is to their wolf and wildcat ancestors.

This alignment between the DNA of our domestic companions and their wild counterparts is why it makes sense to include a large portion of fresh meat and vegetables in your cats' and dogs' diets.

While there have been some improvement in dry foods in recent years, the cooking temperatures involved in preparing dry foods still destroy essential fatty acids, denature proteins and enzymes, damage minerals and micronutrients, and significantly decrease nutritional content. So, to provide your pet with a healthy, nutritious diet it's important to co-feed a balanced diet, adding some fresh meat and vegetable matter to your pet's dry food each day Ideally your dog and/or cat would be fed with a balanced raw meat and vegetable diet every day, but we also recognise that pet owners can be time poor, and feeding a good quality dry food, with a balanced fresh meat diet is the best outcome for most pets.

Fresh meat and veggies contain most of the essential vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and trace elements our pets require for a nutritionally balanced pet diet. And fresh meat and vegetables help our pets' digestive systems operate effectively, naturally aiding protein absorption and regulating stomach acidity and natural gut flora.

Not only will co-feeding fresh meat with dry food assist the maintenance of healthy body function, it will also help to ward off and even cure a range of common pet ailments including obesity, arthritis and skin conditions, and it will guarantee them a delicious, appetising alternative to a dry food-only diet. Just watch your pets go for that fresh food and you will be quickly convinced of how good it is for them!
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Re: Co feeding..How to combine a dry food diet with fresh me

Post by supersparky »

Dot, Do you reckon it is the same for people? Most of what you say holds true for us big people too.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Not going to get me eating road kill :roll: but I do like my steak med rare ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Dot wrote:Not going to get me eating road kill :roll: but I do like my steak med rare ;)

Road kill is OK believe me , as long as you wash it in the nearest river ( or puddle when it's rained )
This gets the gravel out of the fresh scars and you won't get too many "gentles ( maggots )

Ron :roll:
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Maggots are also good, (so they say) :D
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Salada biscuits and salami works for me!
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
shonky

Post by shonky »

HI, all.

Steffie just luuuves vegemite on toast, or ,generally, anything a tall two footed person can eat...
See you on the back roads,
shonky et al.
Dot

Post by Dot »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: