Another Newbie

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
slowhand

Re: Another Newbie

Post by slowhand »

Great looking rig, shoud convert really well. Knew someone who had one of those double deckers, they loved it but had problems when off main highways with tree branches. As you're in WA, shouldn't have that problem that often and having a business run from it is excellent. Have you thought of doing work with your tools as well. I find when travelling and open my mouth about being a builder, the offers of jobs can be overwhelming in rural area's. Jus a littel hint, put a good stone guard on the upper front windows, the people I knew smahed theirs 3 times from stones and branches. So they put a big stone guard on and it saved them, plus the guard was much cheaper than replacing the glass.

Working and travelling is a great way of life, But I ended up working when on holidays, found it hard to reject people who had been waiting for months and sometimes years to get some work done. It was either to expensive or no one would come to them. Good luck with your poject, should work well.
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

The bus is a Hi-Deck not a double decker and only the same hight as a standard Landseer 3.8mm as it does not have the air-con on the roof
The top window will get vinyl wrapped with signwriting which should help protect it
The plan is to keep my bussiness around town and travel away for a week or so at a time
We are going to cut off 2.7 meters at the back which will allow a queen size bed, shower/ toilet,fridge and microwave, will carry a BBQ to cook on to keep the smell out of the shop :)
We go to a few shows around here and enjoy the day but there is not any where to stay the night, not worth running 2 vehicles for the day so when the rig is done we will do many more
We intend to cover all of WA and maybe up to Darwin
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Is there any sign of the dreaded cancer around & under the loo area? It seems to be a problem area in most ensuite type buses.
One thing about the screamin' demon is no one can hear you missing a gear or two!!
I blame my deafness on then twin stacks barking at me for hours on end ........... (music to the ears!)
Copper once pulled me up in Ballarat just to ask me what the motor was that I had in the truck. (did tell me to lift the foot a bit past the hospital!!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Toolman

Post by Toolman »

There was a little rust in the loo area but much less than I was expecting
I have started a build thread in "About you Outfit"
It will be photo heavy :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

So you are a builder hey Mr Slowhand ;) when are you coming to SA :?: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.