local event calendars

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
bagmaker

local event calendars

Post by bagmaker »

My folks are now quite the travellers (thanks to all who assisted) and, on returning from their last trip to Gippsland, commented that there needed to be a website or app like wikicamps that showed any local events -
In the area you expect to travel (+ a definable radius)
at the time you expect to be there (+ a definable time)

For example they would like to travel to the Mildura region in a fortnight, where would the look to ascertain any interesting events between their base and Mildura at that time?
For some things they might love to see and not know the event was on (eg a rowing event in Ballarat), for others they might be in the area and like to avoid (eg- a ute muster in Deniliquin)

With the exception of local government websites, what do others do to check whats on?
I will ask the riff-raff on CF after the good stuff is aquired from here :D
Busman

Re: local event calendars

Post by Busman »

Baggie,
Great post I would love to be able to access same in one place

William
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Yes that sounds great idea for members to post local events in their area, usually they are in ones local paper or on the radio.

Guess it would need to be done by state perhaps?
Shirley & Bruce.
slowhand

Post by slowhand »

Most local papers are on line, there's also community centres and their online notice boards, sites which have lists of farmers markets and of course organisations like lions, CWA, Apex and local councils who normally have a local notice board on their site.

It's a good idea to set up bookmark folders which revolve around things you enjoy doing, I have music and other festivals, entertainment venues, markets and clubs. Plus places to camps along the way and in the area. Local pubs are also a good places to find out what's happening in the area.

Just do a search for things in the area you are going to and you weil find lots of good things to do come up.
Dot

Post by Dot »

We go to the local Information centres, they are usually in the know . Glad your parents have now done it and looking forward to doing it again.. TRAVEL you lot !
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Every town we go into - first stop, Information Centre. When we come out we say, "How come we haven't heard about that place before?"
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Steve and Dot beat me to it, Visitor information centres are always our first port of call in any town. I will often google the town, its info centre etc the night before we are due to arrive. I also read up about markets in a magazine very creatively called "markets and fairs" , they also have a web site, so its easy to find where the nearest markets will be.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life