G'day to all

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
native pepper

G'day to all

Post by native pepper »

I'm Alga., been a traveller most of my life and for the last 40 years, playing music on the road full time. Now supposedly retired, only play a couple of times a week with a lady drummer and currently lady keyboard player in Tas. Our keyboard player can't travel because of family, so we've been restricted to Tas for the last year since losing our bass player, until we come up with another old cronie to cruise with us.

Travel a lot by myself round Tas in my old MH and play short day time gigs during the week for retirement villages and nursing homes, these poor souls don't get much entertainment, so it's great to see them smile and have a good time.

Other than that, lead a tranquil quite peaceful rural life in paradise, with a couple of horses dogs and native animals.

Was recommended to join this forum by a very long term mate who tragically passed away late last year, so here I am. Native pepper, is the name of our band, Tasmanian and hot. Well that's what we tell people who ask why we chose that name, probably closer to the mark would be just warm.
SteveW

Re: G'day to all

Post by SteveW »

Welcome. If you play to old people, you could keep most of the folk on this forum happy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Where is the smiley that indicates "ducks to avoid flying objects")
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi and a warm welcome Alga, there are a few of our members down your way at the present time you may catch up with one or two of them if you are unlucky ;) Think you will find us pretty easy going here so jump in and enjoy. You must be ok because you like animals. The oldies in the nursing home in Strathalbyn have so much entertainment they keep dropping off their perches with the excitement. :lol: :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hi Alga, good to see you online!
That was so sad about your friend ... he sounded so full of sparks it must have been shocking news for you and his other friends.
join in and have some fun!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Thank you for your welcome, it's good fun playing music to any age, can't think of anything else I like doing more, except travelling and meeting people.

Yes Bruce it was a big shock to us all when Bob went, he was a wonderful bloke and so much knowledge went with him. The really sad part was he had been saying for a long time he was going to retire and join us playing music and that was beginning to happen, he had his motorhome and everything set up to hit the road.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully meeting up on the road somewhere sometime.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

G'day Alga,

Your last name wouldn't be Rhythm would it...? :lol:

Welcome aboard mate, now just buckle up & enjoy the ride.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

GDay Alga, Welcome to our piece of paradise, in other words the phunny pharm.
Here you will always find a friendly person to chat with and/or annoy, it's up to you how it all falls into place. :lol:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life