Guest users..

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Jim

Re: Guest users..

Post by Jim »

Would also be good to get the 100 members who joined and not posted yet to post?
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes Jim except those from Russia & Rumania!!!
There's been about 5 that have attempted to get in & post.

Everyone should get the Merry Christmas now if they hold down the SHIFT key & refresh their page.

(regardless of which style you have set)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

Jim wrote:Would also be good to get the 100 members who joined and not posted yet to post?
The Adelaide Jayco ACC site had 5 Russian etc get through who posted 1000s ads ansowereing every topic with an add.

Your policy is necessary :|
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Im knocked a couple of this morning. communist infiltraters.....
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Jim

Post by Jim »

admin wrote:Yes Jim except those from Russia & Rumania!!!
There's been about 5 that have attempted to get in & post.

Everyone should get the Merry Christmas now if they hold down the SHIFT key & refresh their page.

(regardless of which style you have set)
Only 5? That's a lot better than other forums (not motorhome ones) that I have seen it happen to. But that still leaves 90 members at least?
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I gotta Merry Christmas now, the boss does love me after all..... or that stretching it a bit :lol:
The first 3 posts needing moderator approval helps sift out the spammers, the ones from Russia and Rumania might be standed RV travellers or on their way to aust and just want to introduce themselves :lol:

On the EV forums there are a lot of Russia and Rumanian members, the english takes a tad of interpretation but they are genuine members with good input.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

pssst..it's Ctrl F5 to refresh the page :)
Jon
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hi Jon and Kay,
This discussion has been going on for ages.

I quote this little bit. Not sure if it's true or not?

Sure, you could clear your entire browser cache (in Firefox: Tools -> Clear Recent History), restart your browser, or go nuts and restart your computer, but most of the time that's overkill. Any of those methods could be worth trying eventually, but before you try anything more drastic or time-consuming just hold your Shift key and click the Refresh button in your browser (or press Ctrl+Shift+R [Win]/Ctrl+F5 [Win]/Cmd+Shift+R [Mac]; the keyboard shortcut doesn't work on Safari). While a normal page refresh (whether you click the refresh button or use the F5/Ctrl+R/Cmd+R shortcuts) still uses those cached files rather than re-downloading them, the Shift+Refresh clears the cache for the files in that page so that you're sure to be running the latest and greatest version of what that web site's serving.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Or in outlook it's on the right click drop down menu but you need to right click before holding down the shift button or an alternate menu appears
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Sign is there for me as well.. But you know that is a sin sign :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.