Good morning daily

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BernieQ2

Re: Good morning daily

Post by BernieQ2 »

Morning everyone.
GRRRR this is another attempt to send a post internet keeps crashing :evil: :evil:
On my walk yesterday I come across three Wallabies' two of those things that Dot sez comes from a rabbits bum two Bustard birds and one storm bird, all within a cuppla hundred yards from home. :D

On a good note, our Daughter had her new hip operation yesterday...she text Carol saying all went well and she feels fine...we will be goin on the weekend to see her...she should be home by then.

A shower of rain around 8pm last night and again at 1,10am not much in it.
Keep dry and safe.
Bernie.
Last edited by BernieQ2 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Morning everyone no rain here yet 3.5 mil the day before yesty
Had a look at the radar map you might be getting wet soon Bernie
Back to Maryborough today Robyn has to get blood pressure monitor off and a heart monitor put on.

Bob
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Morning everyone still cloudy today Doing Meals on wheels today
Hope you are all well and happy
HTFFBO Helen take care :D
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Good morning everyone. No rain here yesty. Went fishing with the youngest gkid yesty arvo. I needed a break from rolling around on the ground under the Winny. We are heading over to the ocean beach for a walk. Might even have brekky in the cafe there. Good onya Helen, for looking after the oldies. Enjoy your bin truck watching Tanks.
Safe travels everybody.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

They're still draining that dam as fast as the drainage system within the city can handle, so they might avoid the wash away if things still hold up and we don't get another huge downfall that caused the problem in the first place.
I don't think it is the water they are worried about as much as the land slip it is pushing, that doesn't drain away once it hits, just wrecks and buries stuff.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

The dam is now no threat to Echunga. There is no danger of a land slip so the qualified engineers said
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I can't comment on that particular dam but in general all through the hills as the creeks winds through private properties (farms) A dam gets built to hold water for stock, some irrigation & domestic use. There would be quite a few dams upstream and downstream of that one. A sudden downpour anywhere upstream will send a torrent down & quickly refill that dam. I suggest they will be lowering the dam (wall) as quick as they drop the level until totally removed.
It's very common for yabbies to cause these "leaks" & once water starts flowing, the leak gets bigger quicker & quicker.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

bob r

Post by bob r »

Good Morning everyone
A little chilly this morning temp thing ses 10 little fella sez gunna be 27 today
Back to Maryborough again today Robyn has to get the heart monitor off

Bob
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Good morning.
I had a little sleep-in must be all the nufffin I'm doing :D
I seen a real rabbit yesterday...haven't seen one out here for a few years..
Our daughter has been up on her feet, still a bit sore she said....got to expect that I suppose.
All that rain missed us....again...
Safe trip to Maryborough Bob.
Bernie.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Good morning everyone. The sun is out already, and we are heading for 25° today. We were pretty lucky to see some whales breaching offshore at the ocean beach on our walk yesty. I managed to get the auxiliary alternator done and dusted on the Winny, then I was reminded that I haven't replaced the start batts yet.
It's good to hear that your daughter had the op and is back on her feet Bernie. We hope that all goes well with Robyn today, Bob. Safe travels everybody.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.