HI From WA

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Kappy

HI From WA

Post by Kappy »

Hi Evryone,

New here thought I had already said hello, but can't seem to find so maybe I didn't.

Very new to motor home business, although been a dream for almost a lifetime.

Well after considerable net surfing and many miles of travel I have just purchased my new home for who knows how long.

Stumbled across a 1991 Mercedes OH1418 with a volgren body, pretty straight honest rig and drives great, sort reminds me when driving I was driving coaches, except this has a syncro box compared to the old spicer.

A good start to my journey and no doubt will make some adjustments, already planning a few and I haven't got it yet.
Volgran front (800x450).jpg
Cheers
Kappy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kappy on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers

Kappy

Growing older is inevitable, growing up is optional.
Dot

Re: HI From WA

Post by Dot »

Hi and welcome Kappy. Progress reports are a must and I must tell you that with the mob we have here you may get some xxxxxxx with your name so be warned :) enjoy.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Welcome to the forum Kappy!!
Looks like the conversion has already started? By you or the previous owner?
Now you have an account here you can get into the photo album area & set up your own area for us, your mates & others to view your progress.
http://www.ozervnews.com/gallery/
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Kappy, I kinda remember a thread regarding changing or modifying wiring in a Volgren, was that your bus or am I thinking of someone else?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

T1 Terry wrote:Welcome to the forum Kappy, I kinda remember a thread regarding changing or modifying wiring in a Volgren, was that your bus or am I thinking of someone else?

T1 Terry
Twas I probably...........
The original fitted loom allowed for ticket machines, christmas lights and every other option, 29 years saw it in poor shape. Pulled most of it out and kept a handful of essentials running full length with a few spares.
wiring inside fuse box old.jpg
The old wires were interesting, differnent copper to plastic ratio back then....... :D -they are quite heavy per metre!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kappy

Post by Kappy »

Thanks for the welcome.
Not sure if the current owner was here, I guess the rig is quite distinctive.

Only negotiated on Monday, pick next Monday.

So I'm like a kid in a lolly want it here yesterday so I can the personalizing process.

I guess patience is a virtue after all this on weekend fling.

So more pics and progress to follow.

Cheers
Kappy

PS cracks about my nickname have been going on at least 60 years, I'm a big boy, bring it on.
Cheers

Kappy

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

bagmaker wrote:
T1 Terry wrote:Welcome to the forum Kappy, I kinda remember a thread regarding changing or modifying wiring in a Volgren, was that your bus or am I thinking of someone else?

T1 Terry
Twas I probably...........
The original fitted loom allowed for ticket machines, christmas lights and every other option, 29 years saw it in poor shape. Pulled most of it out and kept a handful of essentials running full length with a few spares.
wiring inside fuse box old.jpg
The old wires were interesting, differnent copper to plastic ratio back then....... :D -they are quite heavy per metre!!
Yeah, remember now, that was it. Impressive how many Volgren's are making it into the second life, maybe the better headroom build etc adds to the appeal for conversion. The Smithfield bodied Bedford we are still doing required 12" added under the windows to make it feel more like a home than a coffin, being a bit on the tall side didn't help I suppose.

Looking forward to the photos Kappy, always good to see other peoples conversion ideas, the ultimate conversion is the one that suits you best, so a mix and match of other peoples ideas helps enormously.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Kappy

Post by Kappy »

Seems like we are all on several forums.

Good to see a positive about the Volgren.

I feel I made a good choice, in time I'll make my own stamp.

Cheers
Kappy
Cheers

Kappy

Busman

Post by Busman »

Corners might be a bit tight on that track !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !