Not quite new members

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
JohnM

Not quite new members

Post by JohnM »

Hi to all our friends, both old and unmet,
We are John, Shirley and Beau, in a 7m Isuzu Bus, towing a rather unique combination trailer, with Suzuki Seirra and 12ft Tinny on top.
The bus has undergone a bit of a transformation since most of you last saw it it has had a Dulux rebuild and is now basically white, with a stylised emu family on the sides.
Beau is an elderly (11 year old) black toy poodle with a fixation on balls, the vet took his away 10 years ago, and has chased any thing rubber ever since, he still thinks he is a puppy in spite of the grey around his muzzle.
We normally endeavour to travel most of the year, but have had our travels curtailed the last couple of years, by family and heath problems, Once those doctors get hold of you, you are euchred, they just want you to keep coming back for tests, and check ups all the time, between us we have had appointments of some kind at least weekly for the past 6 months, but hopefully there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, and we hope to get away at least for Christmas. if not longer, It looks like our travels will have to be curtailed a little, with Quarterly check ups being the order of the day for the next tear or so.
John,Shirley and Beau
Life is a trip, to be enjoyed!
John M
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Not quite new members

Post by BruceS »

Hello Folks. Good to see you back and up and at 'em!!!
I wondered where you & Shirley had got to.
Any plans regarding which way to go first once you take off? Be starting to get a little warm up in far North soon I think.
Hi to Beau from Wendy & myself .... lovely little puppy...... well old puppy!!
We still have water over here in Mannum for that tinny!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Oh bugger ,you are back :) good stuff you two I have missed Shirley :) good to hear you are keeping the dream alive and will be back out there again.. Photo of the reinvented bus would be nice as well :) Hi Beau x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Good morning John Shirley and Beau, great to see you here on the forum and hope to see you all in person at some time down here in Upper Mannum. We are at last completely out of the Lake Illawarra address, place changed hands last Friday and we dragged the last container of stuff over arriving Monday night. So a longer drive for the next visit, but well worth the added effort, it is a wonderful area.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Welcome back you lot, wondered where you have been. It's still the same bunch of crazy people here, well some of them are at least. I hope that all is well now?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.