Hello from Esperance.

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
aussiejohnny

Hello from Esperance.

Post by aussiejohnny »

Hello. Johnny, Karen and Jemma the jack russel. We've lived in our humongous yanky van for about 3 1/2 years now. Slowly gathering enough coin to move from Esperance over to the east coast near Brisbane.

I've been around Oz twice and across numerous times (21 nullabor crosses so far). Started out with a tent and sleeping bag, onto a self decked out 9 meter bus and now married and got a big van and Isuzu truck. Yes it turns a lot of head because of the size of it, but it is comfortable, easy to tow and our home. I wanted a 41' coach like my parents but couldn't find one at the time we were looking.

I look forward to reading everyone's posts and hope i have something to contribute from my own experiences.
hooked on7.jpg
Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aussiejohnny on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dot

Re: Hello from Esperance.

Post by Dot »

Hi & Welcome Johnny, Karen & Jemma, certainly is a big set up you have there but those JR's love their space :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
aussiejohnny

Post by aussiejohnny »

Thanks Dot.

haha.. yes they do, Jemma has 3 favorite beds throughout the van . We did have a teenager living with us, they need their space too (or is it we need the space from them.....).
Dot

Post by Dot »

The latter for sure :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Johnny, Karen & Jemma, you could fit a lot of solar panels on top of that rig, we are in the process of fitting 19 x 100w light weight panels to a yank 5ér but that one looks even bigger, how long is it? Is the car on the back for towing the van when the truck isn't available? :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
aussiejohnny

Post by aussiejohnny »

Thanks Terry.

Light weight panels? they sound interesting. I dare say a far lot better than the heavy house panels i'm about to put up there. It's a 32' van, 35' in total with draw bar by memory. Last time i measured hooked onto the truck we were 17.5 meters in total.
I looked through my pics but don't happen to have one of the roof real estate itself sorry.

We have a little Suzuki Vitara to go on the back now. Not to tow the van though! haha.. for excursions to the beach, shops from free camps etc..
20160401_131159.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aussiejohnny on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Lovely setup Johnny!
When you post a photo, to make it show 'properly' you need a couple more steps.
Once it has finished uploading the photo and you see the green tick, place your cursor where you wish the photo to display in your post and then in front of the photo uploading wording, click on "show inline" & finally SUBMIT.
It removes the dotted line around the photo and the word ATTACHMENTS.
To see what I'm talking about you can edit your last post & click on attachments to fix it.
Let me know if I haven't explained it clearly!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

aussiejohnny wrote:Thanks Terry.

Light weight panels? they sound interesting. I dare say a far lot better than the heavy house panels i'm about to put up there. It's a 32' van, 35' in total with draw bar by memory. Last time i measured hooked onto the truck we were 17.5 meters in total.
I looked through my pics but don't happen to have one of the roof real estate itself sorry.

We have a little Suzuki Vitara to go on the back now. Not to tow the van though! haha.. for excursions to the beach, shops from free camps etc..
Not much difference in length then, this one is 35ft to the pin, but the body work stops 1ft before the pin, so only an extra 2 ft of body and there aren't any solar panels on that bit, Jon was worried about crapping them off on trees, we could have put 23 up there if we used that bit as well :lol: This thing has plastic domes and hatches all over the place, so leaving a walkway between the panels required a bit of creative design, but I think the finished article should look ok. Might start a thread here about it cause the CF deleted the one Bruce started over there, so they can come over here to see it ;) :P :lol:

T1 Terry
I was just thinking, 17.5mtrs is about the same length the big bus project towing the kombi would be, just the long and the short bit swapped around.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry
I was just thinking, 17.5mtrs is about the same length the big bus project towing the kombi would be, just the long and the short bit swapped around.

Which century is this you are talking about?? :) :) :)
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Cheeky bugga, it's still waiting for George to come over and finish it :lol: