Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie,
We’ve just had our colourbond roof repainted. It had faded badly (it was installed before Colourbond brought in their 50 year colour guarantee).
Bloke came from Shepparton (125km away) to give me a free quote, then commuted for two days to do the job.
I reckon the travel costs were calculated into the price, but the quote was free, with no guarantee he’d get the job.
Same goes with all tradies around here.
Perhaps the one you contacted didn’t want the job, but didn’t want to come out and say it in words of one syllable.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

The guy was recommended by Dulux as they said he is a reputable tradesman, I will be ringing this guy and asking him why he wants paying so much and if he gets the job will that come off the quote. He has had to fix / redo the botched jobs that the guy did our roof. We need the quote as we are going to take him to court, he either re does our place to the correct standards or he pays for someone else to do it. Sick to bits of shonky tradespeople. Watching the movie "Cool hand Luke" OMG those old actors were some hunks and not one swear word spoken. :D Oh Paul Newman yum yum Echunga Dam still holding. Time for bed so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Riverlander x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, just the rain "events" that we are having would be enough of an excuse for your shonky painter to get out of doing the job. Keep up the good fight xxxx

Spent some time in my shed with a bit of a tidy needed to find space to put in some new tools. For the weekend, I was based in my stall right next to a favourite tool maker/seller. Of course I had to buy some more tools. Not much, just some tiny saw blades for the dremel and some tiny, fine picks n shovels. So now the bench is tidy (until next time).

I put a couple of whisky bottles into the kiln to have their necks bent into handles. I had flattened them before the kiln died all those months ago, about time they are finished. I then designed a few more spikey pendants, to use up some stacks of dichro and to give me some different colours for that range. They can get warmed up tomorrow night. I think the Christmas things will be next. Not a lot need to be be made, just a few different decorative pieces will do the job.

good night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Buggered so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Deborah x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Deborah.

You know the enamels that are melted onto tin to make enamelled plates and cups.

Is it possible to do it to glass instead of tin?
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Good description Dot. Know how that feels xxxx

Jon, I had the same thought. Apparently the enamels dont melt until the glass is so molten that it makes a huge mess and when it all cools, the enamels will crack up and fall off. There are paints that can be used on glass before firing, I have enough to do without paint as well. I feel it's sort of cheating. I like to see the shapes evolve, just using bits of glass to make up the picture. If I want a painting, then I will do a painting on canvas. Glass is too expensive for me to just whack some paint on it. Each to their own.

It was a medical day here. Chiro visit and sort of straightened my spine (again). So far, it feels a bit better.

Then it was down to my shed. The bottle from last night look ok, nothing to get excited about. Tonight there are a few pendants getting warmed up. I spent some time chopping up bits of glass to make a couple of coral bowls and a couple of crater bowls. So there is plenty of stuff happening, just at a very much slower pace.

sweet dreams out there xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

The eason why I asked was I saw some magnificent looking platters made from wood that had coloured resins on them.

They were stunning land and water scapes. Even surf settings.
Dot

Post by Dot »

jon_d wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:52 am The eason why I asked was I saw some magnificent looking platters made from wood that had coloured resins on them.

They were stunning land and water scapes. Even surf settings.
Pictures???
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Goodnight thought I would just drop in and say hi
Had a couple of dri ks feeling quite relaxed All the best everyone
HTFFBO Helen take care
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

This guy is so slow, a coconut grew on his head.

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pr ... /101493020