Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Riverlander

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Riverlander »

Good evening Dot. Not much happening up here. Still working on another section of the garden using up my left-over rocks. Must plan another trip somewhere before winter sets in. Have visitors coming for a while around easter so it will have to be after that.
Cheers John and Faye
Dot

Post by Dot »

Spoke to my M8 in NZ today, It cost her $1350.00 to have a biopsy of a breast lump done done under local. Oh boy have things changed since I was there. Nothing exciting done today .G was doing bits and bobs in the shed as well as painting a stand I bought yesterday, it is going to be the stand for the Terrarium I did a few weeks ago, will do a pic when ready. Waiting for the BOB's to start. Got pinged again on fb today , I reposted a MEMORY from 2015 and yep I got banned another 24 hrs on top of my 45 day ban. :lol: :lol: Hope everyone is keeping well so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Peter aka 2ft 6'' x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Riverland. Seems years since we saw anyone- oops Chuck and Trina last year. About time you southerners trotted up this way. We could fit about 4 vans plus a bus and motorhome on our corner. Bruce off to hosp Wed. Get away from that cold down there.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Dot

Post by Dot »

We have had more gentle rain :lol: Doddie sitting for a few hrs. Off to town tomorrow to catch up with some friends from WA :D BOB are on early tonight as last day of racing so while there is a time to go I am off to the shower. Take care everyone. GO THE MIGHTY BOMBERS :lol: :D 2 weeks in a row of wins.. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Swisslulu x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Yes Dot, I have hit the op shops well and truly. Went to another couple yesterday too. His lordship says we have no more room in the beast for dishes n stuff that I have bought to use as molds in the kiln. Your Kiwi mate is good with property not buying. Good on her for doing her own checking, but it's sad that you do need to check so much for yourself these days. Hope her lab results come back clear, those things should never have to be paid for by patients. xxxx

We have been tourists this weekend. Finally went out to the big apple place and were bitterly disappointed. Most of the wines have disappeared and been replaced by touristy crap. Their food service is mainly doing takeaways and the atmosphere is very ordinary. We did get a big bag of beautiful fresh apples (straight off the tree hhmm).

Did all the usual stuff today, starting with markets in the showgrounds. They are only open between 8am and noon. Don't know why we bothered. It was more trash than treasure and all I bought was a book. We then went on to fill up the beast with petrol..ouch, yes it's a v8. Aldi had our chicken schnitties. That helped to sort out dinner, chicken in leb bread with salad.

We have found incidental stuff like a couple of really well done wall murals and a rock that has amazing carvings on it. That's about all for Stanthorpe. Tomorrow we are heading for Allora showgrounds. Could be good, or not. Time will tell.
sweet dreams xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Well done Deborah for keeping the op shop tradition going, never know what you will find . Had a bit more rain today but nice gentle rain. Cleared when we got into the city to meet our friends from WA that are on a bus/boat tour, has been 6 yrs since we had a laugh or two them. I am waiting to see who can recognize them, not a lot here will know but some will. NZ medical / Hospital care turned to crap the last few years, very poor now, waiting lists far worse than ours. . Been a big day , the BOB's are over and I am quite tired so off to bed I go. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Pet-els x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

You sound exhausted Dot, sleep tight mate xxxx

We had a lovely quick drive to Allora. As we pulled in, his nibs suggested only paying for a couple of nights . We can always add some more. Well, we were greeted at the gate by a slob who whistled at us and waved about a receipt book. Not a great start. So I went to pay. The yobbo was wearing stubbies and thongs, with a beer gut hanging over the waistband and a cigarette hanging from his gob.

I paid for the two nights and was told to "park over there, near the power poles. Park neatly and leave room for another van to park next to you."
The area was bits of grass that had patches of fine gravel all through it. We fiddled around looking for the safest, less horrible area to place our door. Yobbo waddled over and asked, did we need help? After I told him that we didn't need help we were just trying to avoid the crappy gravel, he shook his head and waddled off. There were other sites that we have found that were much more pleasant. I have noticed that other vans have arrived and been sent to this gravel pit. They have all stayed hitched up. That says it all.

We then went to the railway hotel and had a wonderful lunch. We walked lunch off by wandering the main street. That took a minute, We then had a lovely drive around town looking at some amazing old federation houses on the traditional quarter acre blocks. Lovely to see, and the gardens were delightful.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Deborah, go up the road a bit to the Clifton Showgrounds if you don't like where you are. It's not too bad there. You can pay online or at the Shire office. A good feed can be had at the pub in the main drag. We haven't stopped at Allora before. Probably don't need to now, by the sound of things.
Or, go on a bit further to Nobby. There is a nice free camp opposite the pub. Power is available for a couple of the sites. The pub used to put on a real good feed, but it did change owners so I can't say if still good.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Still exhausted Dot or the big birthday event too much for you? :lol: :lol: Oh yeah, Happy Birthday to your Gman xxxx

Thanks for the suggestions David. Tomorrow we are on the move to Marbung showy. We are trying to get close to Dayboro, where we will be peddling our wares for Easter. We have really not felt that this place is worth staying at, ever. Different caretaker, could sway our opinions though.

Had a slow R&R day. Put a script into the chemist and wondered around the IGA. They had some apple and cinnamon hot cross buns that tempted us. I had planned to cook up some chicken schnitties for dinner but a huge storm put an end to that. The hot cross buns were delicious, even if they were not meant to be our dinner.
Sweet dreams xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Quiet day, nothing to write home about. Sent my objection into the Adelaide council to forget about my parking fine. Shall see. I might have to identify as a new type of indig dyslexic tribe. How long are you hanging around for Pet-els? NC George, are you glad to be home? Bernie why did you have to lay off building your shed? Hope all you sick ones are on the mend. Take care on the roads. Bed time for me, tomorrow we have our full body skin (cancer) check ups, yay ,woo hoo, George isn't that enthusiastic about it :lol: :lol: Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight NC George x :D