Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Chuck

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Chuck »

'Nite & morning Dot... have a good one, um, day that is Dot ... day, nuffin else!! :o
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

A day of nothing today, haven't even been outside. Too cold with the wind rain thunder and lightening. Have been sort of bombarded with crap emails last few days. Today one from the ATO and ? root user?? but then one from out private health mob saying my medical info has been hacked. Will be ringing both of them on Monday .Hope everyone is keeping well and the sickies are all improving. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bruce x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot you can almost lay odds on the email from the ATO being a scam of some sort. Ringing them for confirmation is the best way to protect your assets. We got hit by the optus data stealing thing and every time that I turn the computer on, the email account that optus has shared is full of highly dodgy emails. I am slowly sending notes to people who still send us emails at that address, to use another one that is more secure. Hope you get it sorted easily mate. xxxx

Today was beautiful sunny day. His nibs had another good day too. He stayed out of bed for most of the day and spend some time wandering through our block to inspect the gardens that I haven't managed to keep up with. I do the best I can, but it's a really big block with a lot of garden.

The other good news is that the men returned today to finish building the pergola. Job done and we are really happy with the result. Just another thing to tick off the list.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Sounding all good Deborah, lets keep the limbs crossed. Also got an email from our medical insurance saying G,s medical stuff has also been let loose on the "dark webb" ? Got visitors tomorrow so I had better get to bed. I did the blue in the hair tonight so a spunky dyke for a week or so :lol: I think the strong winds we have had lately seems to have blown a lot of the developing fruit onto the ground so there is another year of poor fruit quantity :( bugger. So Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Shirley x :D :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Good morning Dot, early night last night for us, Bruce was falling asleep watching the telly. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

So windy yesterday I had to lash down a rose-covered arch which was threatening to uproot and fall over! 😳
Have to re-lash it this morning, as the ropes have been slackened by overnight winds.
Having an Open Garden on Sunday, so it’s got to stay upright. Looking like Saturday I will be on the blower-vac cleaning up the windblown petals being stripped from the roses, then a ride-on session to trim the grass to look pretty. SWMBO will be spending the whole week dead heading the roses…
Nigel says we won’t need to worry about watering them. He’s got that fixed.
Unfortunately that means I can’t touch up the wood stain on our garden seats.
At least our garden isn’t under water… I guess we should be thankful for that.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Big wind at Bowral today, blew a large tree in next neighbours yard down and on to the nieces' roof and carport, she was out in her car when it fell 0900.
SES and Firies turned up to big a job for them so sent an arborist team. They spent all afternoon cutting it up also used a very large crane to get the big branches off the roof. They are coming back in the morning to clean up then the SES will come and put tarps over the holes in the roof. Lots of tiles broken whole front fence gone and her lovely garden flattened. Then have to wait for the Insurance co.
The tree was in next doors yard, Who's insurance co should fix the mess and repair [no damage to them except the adjoining fence].

PeterH
PeterH
Dot

Post by Dot »

Some rain spots fell on my head today but that didn't stop me from getting out and trimming the bottle brushes with the hedge trimmer thingo, still got about 8 more to go and G can do the larger ones he missed last year :lol: Going to do a bit of painting of an old cupboard tomorrow if I can get the sanding bit right, my thumb still a bit tender. Norman and daughter have been doing the naughty thing but no eggs as no nesting material in their house:) If they do spit out an egg it will smash when it hits the floor. Time for bed now so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Petels x :D Glad your niece wasn't in the house when the tree hit. very lucky.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Pete.

It will be easier to just claim on her insurance and they will seek a refund via the neighbour or their insurance.

Happens all the time here. Can get nasty if the property owners don't have insurance.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Peter, many years ago a huge silky oak tree in my parent's backyard was blown down, falling over the fence on to their neighbor's caravan, my parents house insurance wouldn't cover same, unfortunately the caravan wasn't insured, think your niece will have to claim on her own insurance.

We have a couple of huge widow maker gums that hang over our house from next door, hoping the new owners will build a new house & remove them, we have paid to have them trimmed our way a couple of times.
Shirley & Bruce.