Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

Dot, your day in town was uneventful? Hope the weather is nicer to you than the heat we are still getting. xxxx

The day was so hot and humid that we did not a lot. I did a few phone calls, sorted more doc appointments and then arranged for a piano tuner to visit next week. I didn't realise how badly out of tune the piano had gotten. Our granddaughter had a go with using it and a google playgame thingy and it kept telling her that middle C was A sharp. Obviously a good tune will help. but this is my childhood piano and it has suffered a few major house moves over it's lifetime and we do have salt water affecting our homes here.

It might be a better weather day tomorrow and I will try to get active and do some things, but today was not the day for being wild and whacky.

sweet dreams xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Goodnight all, a beautiful 22/23* day here in Abu Dhabi with similar forecast for tomorrow. The breeze felt a little cool when I got out of the 28* pool this morning. 6:30 pm and Julie has not yet returned home from work.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

Today "do nothing" and I mean nothing, I was so tired and kept going back to sleep George turned the tv on so I could watch the BOBikes but that couldn't keep me awake so I stayed there till 3pm. Pretty soon the guts were grumbling pretty bad and so then it began, fast and furious as they say, and that has continued. Flat lemonade is on the menu, so a shower and bed are in order now. Tanks it wasn't Dee and Greg at 40mile I think you are thinking of Keevo and his wife Glenys. On the other side of us was the ever-loveable Chuck and Trina. Boy that was a great gathering for sure, Off to bed now hope the guts behave themselves. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bobr hope you are feeling better x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Poor Dot, that doesn't sound pleasant. Keep up the lemonade mate and be kind to yourself. xxxx

George, I would happily swap Abu Dhabi weather today. It was just so hot and humid with total cloud cover. Not nice. At least now it's raining in spits and spats, the garden will be happier.

The weather kept us indoors with the air con blasting away. I started to make some replacement books with all of our computer passwords and email addresses. I only got as far as H. Will go back to it tomorrow. I have separate books for home and van. It's just too easy to forget all the bits of paper with codes on, so a separate book in the van is good. It's all written in code, that the kids understand, but hopefully would be worthless to anyone else.

Time for bed,

night all xxx
Deborah

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Further to Deborah's post about CC scams.

I have spotted a $6-99 charge for Amazon Prime. Happened in early Jan. Contacted the bank and the said it happened in Dec too.

New cards and refunds requested. Keep an eye of your accounts everyone. grrrr- mongrels.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Hope you are feeling better today Dot xxxx

Jon, that was the sort of account that our scammer had set up, just to pay his monthly phone bill thanks. It was like a parting kick from him. Yes, I will be checking my bank accounts more often and the paypal account is going to be checked daily from now on. It really does make one feel very vulnerable.

Just before Christmas I bought a shoe cupboard/box from an op shop with great ideas of how it could be repurposed. Today was the day. I couldn't face the password books and needed something a bit more active. I pulled out some of the dividers in the box, until there was only one shelf and one upright left. It was perfect for the cupboard and now I have totally sorted out the bits n pieces in the crafty box where the kids get a lot of fancy bits n pieces from, for their creations when they visit.

It was the best sort of job for a cold n rainy Thursday.

I will leave this thought here for you to do with as you wish
IMG_3083.JPG
night all xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

Macca

Post by Macca »

If i remember correctly Dee and Greg had the best behaved 3 dogs i have ever seen, at Elphinstone.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Dot

Post by Dot »

I have been in bed for the past few days as a result of something that has seen the loo get a hiding. All colours of the rainbow and no energy at all. hope everyone is safe, catch you all when i am better xxx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Rest up Dot and take care
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Poor thing Dot. Take it easy there mate xxxx

I started to try to get our tax in order to visit our accountant in a couple of weeks. Step one was to open a document with last years tax on. No way was microsoft opening office program for me. I suspected last week's criminal, so rang my tech man. Not last week's crook, just microsoft being dodgy. Apparently they are trying to lock people out from using the programs that they have paid out right for. I have already given them my hard earned, so not happening. Lovely techman has it all sorted in 15 minutes and ready to get back to work. Techman says it's like you bought a car and the manufacturers but a stop on it after a few years and expect you to pay a ransom to get the stop taken off it. Microsoft are expecting people to pay annual fees for programs that they already own...not nice.

Tax is now ready to take to the accountant in a fortnight, spreadsheet looks amazing and we look poor (as usual)

We have finished installing the netting over the mango tree to keep the fruit flies and flying foxes from eating my bumper crop. Yes before you ask, it's white fine mesh to prevent the blasted hungry bats from getting caught in it and keeping them away from my fruit.

sleep tight vegemitesxxx
Deborah