Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
bob r

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by bob r »

Nite Dot morning Dot

Bob
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Sleeping in the arm chair Dot? Not worth watching the tennis, might as well go to bed xxxx

The bit that was a flop yesterday is back in tonight, after it had a very intense work out. I think it should be improved by the process and if not, the bin is very handy.

Had the marine tech finally repair the boat motor and it seems like he did a great job. The motor is purring much better than it has ever done for us. Now that it is back in good nick, I phoned number 1 son and asked him to arrange to sell the thing. He will do a better job selling than we can. I was there when he was born, I don't know where he gets his talents from, but somehow he has the gift of the gab and could sell ice to Eskimos.

We only bought the boat to entice the kids to visit more often. So son went our and bought himself a bigger, better boat and we don't see him much at all now.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

I didn't go outside today apart to hang the washing out. The birds were loving their misting fan. Next door has presented us with a bill for the fence but seeing as they pulled part of our fence down they won't be getting half. Sick of being screwed . I bought some buttons from spotlight yesterday, opened the little packet and there was only 2 in stead of 4, no use saying anything as I can't prove it and didn't keep receipt. Our friend's son is with that fire crew that lost one of their crew down the Sth East, she was beside herself trying to ring him but he rang her to say he was ok. A real freak accident. Time to hit the sack, goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bernie x :D stay safe everyone .
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

dream4red wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:39 pm Sleeping in the arm chair Dot? Not worth watching the tennis, might as well go to bed xxxx

The bit that was a flop yesterday is back in tonight, after it had a very intense work out. I think it should be improved by the process and if not, the bin is very handy.

Had the marine tech finally repair the boat motor and it seems like he did a great job. The motor is purring much better than it has ever done for us. Now that it is back in good nick, I phoned number 1 son and asked him to arrange to sell the thing. He will do a better job selling than we can. I was there when he was born, I don't know where he gets his talents from, but somehow he has the gift of the gab and could sell ice to Eskimos.

We only bought the boat to entice the kids to visit more often. So son went our and bought himself a bigger, better boat and we don't see him much at all now.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
The answer is staring you in the face:
Buy a bigger boat than No 1 son's!
:D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Very muggy today, had some rain overnight and hoping for more tomorrow. Have to chop one of the cherry trees out, I think it has cherried it's last cherry so the fejoa tree will take it's place, be warned Robert not Bob they fruit like crazy. :lol: Cut the boysenberry cane right back and already it has started new growth. I think I have just about come to the end of the shredding sessions, unless I find more files in weird places. G's hearing test was ok not bad enough to warrant a hearing aide yet. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight BernieQ x :D Hope you and Carol are staying fit ..
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, lots for you to shred here mate. I reckon now that you have it down to a fine art, you don't want to lose that skill :lol: Hate humidity, hope you are doing ok with it . xxxx

Ray, I love the way you think mate. truthfully, I just want the ark gone. We haven't used it in 6 years and basically, I am not keen to drive it at all. His nibs doesn't drive boats and it's just something that has lost the appeal. Might as well have some more grass in the yard ,instead. When backing the van into place, it has to be pushed around the boat outboard and I am terrified that one day they may collide. Propeller scratches would not look good on the jayco.

Did some gardening and put the next bit of glass in to be refired (again) . Tomorrow will tell if the effort was worth it. Mate delivered even more empty wine bottles for the cheese boards. She also included a few square whisky bottles. Could be interesting. They are in a big bin filled with water, to soak all the labels off. I suspect that they may be profitable, so will give it a bit of time soon to get more of them done.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Deb,
Such a shame to dilute the scotch with water… just to get the labels off.
Or are the bottles empty?
In which case I’d ask your friend to leave a little in every bottle to make your job a bit more fun. :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

At last we had some lovely rain and the grass is singing. A do nothing day as I fear my triggering thumb may be re appearing :cry: . My sister in Melb rang last night ans she tells me they are thinking of moving to Hamilton (still in Vic) I hope everyone here and their families are keeping fit, best to stay inside away from everyone. Gman did the usual run everything in the bus flushed loo etc, I want to cut lose for a week or so and head to Nelson to see some old forum friends. We have his model plane to deliver before we all fall off the perch and he gets to use out of it. Has anyone got any recommendations on a good couch (material) cleaning product?? Time to hit the sack so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Deborah x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, what kind of fabric do you need cleaning and what do you need to clean off? General dirtiness is ok to sponge most lounges off with a cloth and some warm water with dish detergent in it. If it's a specific stain, maybe I need more info? Hope you get away for a change of scene soo Dot xxxx

Ray, EMPTY bottles. I don't need any problems from drinking strong stuff either. Will stick to my vodka cruisers on very rare occasions.

Those 16 empty ottles took most of the day to get cleaned up ready for firing. A few of the labels just slid off neatly, but most of them really needed a lot of work. One of the bottles was a tia maria one. It's black glass, so I think it will come up a treat, as long as it survives the kiln.
272047664_507807867347307_1267064215915456058_n.png
feel free to pinch.

night all xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Morning all.

Another day of 30+ in Melb. Going to be like that all week. Love this weather, but we'll get a rain bomb at the end of it.

Hamilton is a lovely area. Is very hot in summer; can be 12* hotter than down in Port Fairy on the same day. (35* v 27* today)