Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

Your lizzie sounds almost house trained, Dot. Ours are definitely hiding in daylight times and we only see them, rarely, when they are sunning on the front step or the under the back porch. Stay cool xxxx

We did a bit of boat tidying and made the cushions look a bit more presentable, Hopefully number one son will be here tomorrow to remove said boat to take back to Penrith, where prices are so much better. He will be doing a lot of extra maintenance things like the bearings, before he takes it on the freeway. I am happy about him doing the checking and greasing, because he knows how it should be done.

Kiln load was ok, nothing really special, just ok. Tonight I am making a start on the pile of wine bottles. Two of them are getting the flattening firing tonight. I will try to do some fancy stuff around the bottles, which just becomes a bit boring.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Good night Dot,
I left Moss Vale s/g today and moving to New Berrima Rec ground with the "Highlanders" Chapter till Monday just to catch up with more people while I'm stuck in this area.
Thats only till Monday then off to Berry s/g for a time with the "Blue Wrens" Chapter, then back to Moss Vale s/g till 1st March.
Hope all the SA people stay safe with this crazy weather.

PeterH
PeterH
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, is the heat getting to you? xxxx

Peter, you are staying in a nice part of the state. Lucky you, to be out of this horrible heat wave that we are having...oh that's right, it is summer after all. :lol:

As expected number one son arrived early, changed all the bearings and did a full service on the boat trailer. It took quite a while, but he managed to get it back to the big smoke with no incidents or excitement. That marks the beginning of the end of our motor boating. His nibs wants a small tinny, that he can manage on his own, maybe that will happen.....

Wine bottles survived the first firing, so now they are getting their necks bent over some chalk to make the handles. THat's the start of a new collectible collection. :lol: :lol: :lol:
night all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Much better day today a lovely breeze as well. Did nothing, not even went outside. Watched a bit of the mens tennis, turned off after watching Raffa, he has added a couple more yanks pokes and wipes so that was it for me. G mowed the lawn and did other stuff I didn't ask about as the usual answer is given ie "you wouldn't understand" Might just have to go shopping next week :lol: :lol: Give those plates hell Deborah we await to see the results. Yep let the old fella buy a tinny, remember the sand bags along with the life jacket. Geelong (Vic) got a thrashing with the storm today and still more to come. Behave yourself Peter and stay safe. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bernie x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Another boring day done and dusted. One of our friends thought he was having a heart attack so off to hosp, tests showed no heart attack but the sort of common reaction to the covid booster (inflammation around the heart) so after a night under obs he is now home. Anyone with chest pain always get it checked asap and not just think it's a pulled muscle or indigestion, Good tennis result for Ash Barty, she deserved her win. Off to bed now so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bobr x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, you sound a bit low mate. We're still here to annoy everyone, isn't that enough to make you smile? :lol: :lol: :lol: xxxx

We had a really weird and long day here. We had to be at Wyee, across the lake, for our booster shots at 8 bloody AM. No real drama there.

Last night our daughter, who has had covid recently, rang to say that she has tested negative for the last 5 days, so could they come visit today? Son yesterday, now daughter today. Anyway, as we haven't seen her in person, since last Christmas, we said yes. After our injections, we went next door to the grocery and bought a BBQ chook for lunch and a few other important supplies, to feed the hordes.
We did the Christmas thing and took the kids down to the waterfront for a swim. (Heatwave still here). After an hour, we needed to have some quiet time. His nibs managed to fall into a very deep sleep on the bed, so I left him there. When the kids came up for dinner, we managed first course quietly, but as soon as I mentioned apple pie, someone emerged from the bedroom. I swear he can smell sugar for miles away.

After not seeing the family for so long, to suddenly see then all in two days is exhausting.

so night all xxx
Deborah

bob r

Post by bob r »

Nite Dot morning Dot.

Bob
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Good evening all,
So much damage throughout the yard!
Gravel washed off the driveway has ended up 2~3m away in garden beds.
Gullies cut into the driveway are deeper than my shoe, cut through the sub-base and into the heavy gravel foundations!
Not game to go out back to check on our sleeper bridge over the storm water ditch. :?
Last storm it ended up 10m downstream…
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yeah a bit of the white pussy creeping in Deborah but it like scomo it shall pass. Watching the mens tennis and I see it will go for a bit longer. G off to the dentist for check up and his glasses are ready to be picked up. I might just stay home for some time alone. I see the oncologist this Friday, always get a good laugh out of him, such a down to earth guy . Sorting through some photos today and came across our old truck pic and rego transfer papers. It was a a Chev Tray , The rego was for the year 1958 was 11 pound, 12 shillings and 6 pence. The insurance was 3 pound 16 shillings and 6 pence. Loved that old truck. Going to hit the shower and hit the sack so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight WayneP x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, watch that white pussy, it can be a bitch to get rid off. Sounds like you are going down memory lane with all your paperwork . That can be good too , remember the good times and forget the rest. xxxx

With the aftermath of three stinking hot days, 2 lots of family visits and the booster shots, it came as no surprise that I woke today with a monster headache. So it has been a pretty slow day here.

Ray, you sound like your place has been through world war 3. Hope you are able to clean it up with little effort, or lots of help.

nighty night xxx
Deborah