Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Dot »

Goodnight everyone x :D Have been watching the Queen's last farewell, what a great show of love and pageantry, 100's of years of tradition. RIP Queen Elizabeth 11. Goodnight Pet-els x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Hope you have enjoyed watching Liz have her final send off . My sister rang tonight to tell me that she hasn't missed any of it. Happy viewing Dot xxxx

Took his nibs for yet another medical check today. He is very slowly improving.

I had a bit of shed time too. I made up some chain suncatchers.
IMG_2861.JPG
The one on the left is ready for the kiln. The one on the right is waiting for the fancy non stick paper to be inserted, before the final piece of each square can be added. Two lumps in the middle are the bits that the chains hang from. I filled up three shelves, so that should be more than enough for the coming weekend....time will tell. Knowing my luck, they wont sell and something else random will be the big seller for the weekend.

Nighty night xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

How much power does your kiln suck up Deborah? How is the old fella doing now? maybe you need a break away from everything for a week or two to just relax? Starting to get the bus ready for our week away, need to escape and be with some people and just bug out. How the bowls going Shirley? and is Bruce doing better? Have you got any plans for even a short break? I am having a go at a crepe with just lemon and sugar tonight, got some watermelon from Drakes and there is not taste to speak of (G's words) also picked up some blackberries and bugger me the last 2 containers were moldy, took them to the desk and asked for the manager. He came and said Oh sorry about that Maybe his young staff need showing how to check produce. The whole fruit and veg dept was looking tired and limp. So much for Drakes. . Have had gentle rain all day today. Looking forward to "the big race" Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bernie x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Boy Dot, that's a lot of questions. I worked out that the new kiln costs me roughly $5 per firing and the smaller old kiln is about $3. Obviously the little one still gets used for some things. How was the crepe with lemon and sugar? Mum often made that as a Sunday night meal when we were kids. Good memories there. His lordship is slowly returning to health, but the word is very slowly.

We packed up the business and the van today and plan to depart after breakfast tomorrow. We will be at Hawkesbury showgrounds for a gem festival, over the weekend. It will be noisy, being right next to Richmond RAAF base. Due to the public holiday, we decided to head South tomorrow, instead of the planned Thursday travel day. Gives me an extra night in the van and if I am lucky, lunch at the pub tomorrow too.
The suncatchers that fired last night were a bit disappointing. It seems that the kiln is firing a bit hotter, since being repaired. I used the exact schedule that has always been perfect, but these were definitely overcooked. Some of the squares had almost completely fused over the fancy kiln paper. After much sawing with a tiny saw, most of the squares came free. Disaster was avoided, but one of them was too far gone. Hammer therapy was good.
IMG_2875.JPG
All ready to try to sell now.

Here what the wine bottles look like after I breath fire on them. Sorry for the dim photo, not an easy subject at all
IMG_2877 (3).JPG
goodnight all xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Deborah would those bottles make good sun catchers.? Nearly time for the Xmas trees again. :lol: How is his lordship finding the driving? My sister makes the best crepes, she has 3 crepe pans and nothing, but crepes are cooked in them, these ones are from Aldi but with no taste buds working I barely taste the lemon :) It;s the thought that counts. My thumb is down to 1/4 of tingling now. only know there is any pain when I hit it. Off for a shower now so Goodnight, everyone x :D Goodnight Firegirl x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Love the way you think Dot. The wine bottles are cheese boards. Just a bit too heavy to hang :lol: xxxx

We did the drive to Hawkesbury showgrounds in record time, His nibs managed the drive well, he is improving every day. After doing the important set up things for the van, like attaching power, we went to a local pub for lunch. It was so yummo and so much food, that a sao was enough for tea tonight.
Tomorrow is a rest day so a well earned sleep in will be happening.
The rain has started to settle in, so another wet show for us. Hoping that it isn't quite as disasterous as the one we did in March, after the bridge was closed and people were flooded in. I don't really think it will be too bad this time.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
Deborah

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Deb,
Maybe you should have packed your bathers... :?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Nice day today heaps of washing done. Tonight, I nibbled my way through a bit of pork and vegs smothered in gravy, plus another crepe. No taste and no choking :lol: Off to town tomorrow for physio and then haircuts again. :roll: Q/ Are you able to freeze a potato bake ?(cooked) Hope your sales do OK Deborah. Thinking of those wine bottles as sun catchers would you be able to pot a hole in the neck part? OK for the AFL grand final who is picking who? I may as well go for Geelong aka the cats. Time for bed e buys now, Goodnight everyone x :D goodnight Riverlander x :D
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie,
SWMBO says yes, you can freeze a potato bake.
A bit soggy underfoot here. Even the golf course is squelchy.
Sold Girt’s car trailer last week. Fella came up from Melbourne. With Girt registered in Brisbane, the once inseparable pair are now about as far apart as possible.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Saw this glass plate at Port Lincoln.

Ideas?
20220921_144903.jpg