Hi from Betty & Mark

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Hi from Betty & Mark

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote:Hi Mark and Betty, welcome to the forum. Coasters make a great M/home. Just remember that the only straight lines on one are from front to back. Every vertical surface on a Coaster has a curve in it. Look at as many different layouts as you can, before you get too far into your fit-out.
Ask any question you like. As T1 said earlier, you might even get the answer that you need.
Arrh yes, and the only true plane to take any sort of measurement and square from is between the window frames side to side. Try to use any other plane to take a square measure from and every wall or cupboard will be at a different angle, that one really sends you crazy when you try to get benches and cupboards to line up off an installed wall to run along the existing bus wall... that will make some sort of sense when you start the fit out.
The other trick is only mount cupboards etc to one plane, usually the walls rather than the floor, if you want the security of also mounting to the floor then use piano hinge pieces as the attaching bits, otherwise when the body twists to go over things like a service station driveway the twisting will start to tear things apart and cupboard door will either self open or not open unless you can duplicate the body twist when they were installed. Doors are ok as you can mount them as an over lap of the cupboard frame but drawers are a whole different matter :lol: The usual way many commercial installers get around that problem is to make the cupboard a free standing unit, then it is spaced out from the wall and some sort of fill in around the edges to cover the gap. The problem with that is the loss of room inside and worst is the added weight. The vehicle wall is plenty strong enough to hang a cupboard from and also be the back wall.... something to think about during the build, weight is the enemy or all fit-outs

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
fred4skin

Post by fred4skin »

Thanks T1 Terry,
When you told me about every vertical being curved I just had to have a look...this just might make things a little bit tougher.
Still as you said look at as many fit outs as possible. So for now we intend to use it as a van for all our pets to travel in & we'll tow a caravan for us to camp in...no hurry.Thanks for the tips.

Mark
Dot

Post by Dot »

furbaby pics please Mark :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
fred4skin

Post by fred4skin »

how do I send photos Dot
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Ask Terry :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

When you go to write a message, scroll down a bit further & click on "Full Editor & Preview".
Scroll down on that & look for "Attachments" ..............
Photos must be less than 1000 X 1000 pixels.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

fred4skin

Post by fred4skin »

thanks bruces
wayno

Post by wayno »

Welcome Betty n Mark,

Maybe I was not inventive enough?

How do PPL think up these user names. Jealous? You bet I am :evil:

Dot wrote:Welcome fred4skin and wife. :P aka Betty & Mark. Yes the fun will begin when it comes time to do the fit out. Of course we like pics on here so hop to it click click away please.
I should have gone down the same path as my recently departed friend, "Alanarsole"! He actually introduced himself to strangers by that name!

Oh, well! I will just have to stick with the same old boring "Wayno" and ensure I do better at Happy Hour than most.

Cheers and welcome

Wayno ;)
Enjoying living in Central Victoria.

As far as away from dirty Dan as possible. ;)