Hi From Ivor & Bernie

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Rovi

Hi From Ivor & Bernie

Post by Rovi »

Hi All!
Good to be on the site. Bernie and I live full time in our 2008 Longreach Motorhome on our own property in the Barossa Valley S.A.
We have only done a few S.A trips since moving into our new home in April this year, but we are keen to get out on the road again and go somewhere else in the state that we haven't been to before.
I am a spokesperson for the CMCA and am doing my best to make our region RV Friendly Town status.
Being usually a fairly shy person I do like yakking to Caravan and Motorhome people and often let folk know about our area. i.e. where the caravan parks are etc. I often see a caravan pulled up on the side of the road and the driver is pouring over a road map. This tells me that not everyone is computer literate and able to access WiKiCamps and the like.
Hope to catch ya on the road!
Cheers!
Ivor and Bernie
winnie avatar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dot

Re: Hi From Ivor & Bernie

Post by Dot »

Hi & welcome to you Ivor & Bernie, might catch up sometime.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hi Ivor & welcome! There's a few of us just around the corner at Mannum so I'm sure we'll meet up sooner rather than later!
I love your outfit! Looks similar to someone I met from Toowoomba some time ago.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Hi Ivor & Bernie, Welcome. You will enjoy it here. Private message me any time and I'll let you know who the good guys are and who the trouble makers are. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Rovi

Post by Rovi »

Thanks Dot Bruce and Steve - Yes I would like to drive the winnie down to Mannum sometime. Any excuse to go for a run as I like driving the Longreach.
We've got a bit on over Christmas but later in the new year things might calm down a bit and we could have some "meetups" !
Dot

Post by Dot »

One of those trouble makers is SteveW he also has JEEP :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Rovi

Post by Rovi »

Ha Ha! Someone's got a sense of humor!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Ivor and Bernie, we moved to Mannum roughly 12mths ago so not quite an SA local yet but certainly a trouble maker and I can't afford to own a Jeep either, so I'm not sure if you will want to meet up with Margaret and myself on your Mannum trip, but Bruce and Wendy are nice people so maybe they can balance it out a bit ;) :lol:

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Rovi

Post by Rovi »

Hi Terry! No worries. Love to meet anyone of like mind. Don't know when we can do the Mannum trip as it's all go here building a big shed for the next few months but we will get away sometime. Will be keeping in touch!
Cheers!
Ivor and Bernie
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Hi Ivor & Bernie,
Welcome to the nut-house!
You just GOTTA make time to visit Dottie in Strathalbyn... not that far away from you.
Especially if you've done any touring in WA. In their terms, Strathy is 'just next-door'! :shock:
I'd also recommend you devote a week or so to visiting the York Peninsula. The NP at the bottom is alone worth the trip.
Maybe we'll catch up en route when we make yet another attempt to see the WA wildflowers. (For history of this comment, see <http://www.ozervnews.com/forum/viewtopi ... =22&t=4581>)
Happy travels.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields