Hi from full time travelling Kiwis

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
scubadoo

Hi from full time travelling Kiwis

Post by scubadoo »

Thank you for the acceptance to this forum. Looking forward to reading posts and contributing where I can.

After a 3 year 85,000km figure 8 trip around Australia in a 6m Winnebago motorhome from 2003-6 we were forced to return to the real world for a few years until late 2014.

We have been travelling full time here in NZ for the last 3 years since I retired from a self-employed electronic engineering background and Barbara from Air New Zealand.
We purchased a NZ built 2009 3.9l turbo Canter based motorhome with just 10,000km on the clock.
The immediate mods included a Sinopoly 300Ah LiFePO4 battery pack that both powers the house and starts the truck and a Samsung 255l Digital Inverter fridge/freezer.
Thanks to Terry T1 and others for the initial ideas.
Everything is still operating perfectly more than 3 years later.

Neville
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Hi from full time travelling Kiwis

Post by BruceS »

Welcome Neville ... enjoy your time here!! ;) 8-)
A few of us are away at present, including myself, but we pop in from time to time to read up.
Sounds like you've found a good way to get out amongst it?? lol
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Away with the new 🛥🛥🛥
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi and welcome Neville and wife :D Where about in NZ are you from? I was at Parua Bay and also Tokoroa. Bet you are glad you are not over here right now with our 42 plus temps but I found the humidity in NZ was getting worse than I remember it. Maybe it's just age?? :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BillieBlue

Post by BillieBlue »

Hi Neville welcome to the forum,to hope you enjoy your stay here ,be safe and hope to meet on the road some time. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Cheers.
Billie Blue
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Neville & Barbara, glad to hear the lithium is doing a good job for you. Just returned from Sydney last night and although the temp wasn't as high, the humidity was a killer. Only been over here in Mannum for 2 yrs now but I'd forgotten just how bad the high humidity was compared to the high temps we see over here in SA. What is the humidity like over there?

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Hi guys hope you enjoy your time here. I've been walkabout for a while so I expect a bit of slag. Where's your base in NZ. Maybe you can throw a couple of piccies on here for Dot. She loves em!Cheers guys.😁😁
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Dot

Post by Dot »

He knows mw sooooooooooo well. Yes please photos and more photos :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.