Prostate Health

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Chuck

Re: Prostate Health

Post by Chuck »

Dot,

If you were messing around where the spot is... I'd probably be smiling. :D :D :D
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 am Dot,

If you were messing around where the spot is... I'd probably be smiling. :D :D :D

My nails are too long now and I can't bite them any more :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Manicure coming up, Dottie??
😜😜😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
bobk

Post by bobk »

Just thought you may be interested in the Kennaway story. About 15 or 16 years ago I found myself with a regular ‘stage fright’ situation where it took some time to pass water. Trip to the gp lead to blood tests and the PSA reading indicated that I had a problem. I had had blood tests in the past but PSA was never pointed out and I was ignorant of prostate cancer. Some more blood tests over time, and the finger treatment, and subsequently a biopsy. The biopsy was interesting, I was attempting to look at the monitor to see what was occurring and the doctor shifted the monitor so I could get a better look. I watched the needle fire into the prostate gland about 10 times, with only slight discomfort and the diagnosis was that the prostate needed to go. The operation was carried out (a horizontal incision) successfully and I blissfully carried on with life.
Fifteen years go by, and I am experiencing a slow urine stream, so back to the gp, more blood tests with elevated psa, and then to the surgeon who performed a cystoscopy. Another interesting session where I watched, via a camera passed through the old boy and up my urethra, to see a nodule dangling in the urethra at the resection site. ‘Well that’s the first time I’ve ever seen that’ said the surgeon. The nodule was duly removed, biopsy’d and found to have ‘high grade’ cancer. I’ve had a couple of cystoscopies since but there has been nothing to see. Next one is in December.
I was put on daily Cosudex tablets.
I wasn’t really happy with advice from the surgeon who gave several scenarios for the future, like radiation, wait and see, but was loathe to give me firm advice. As well as that, on one occasion I asked would he bulk bill me and the reply was ‘why should I do that’? Fair enough I suppose but it was the attitude that hurt. I had a bit of an emotional time and went to see my gp. He advised that there was a prostate man in the medical practice and perhaps I should see him; and so I did.
He proved to be a good listener, forthright and pragmatic (and he bulk bills). He put me on Zolodex inserts 3 monthly (as well as the Cosudex) and my psa although still rising slowly is quite low at 0.7. So I still have prostate cancer but no prostate. I have (a week or two ago) had a PET scan which indicates some activity at or near the resection site but when compared with a previous PET scan appears stable. Like Chuck, I had a spot on a bone but it seems to have gone in the current PET scan. I guess radiation is still on the cards for the future but hopefully the hormone treatment (Zolodex and Cosudex) which suppress Testosterone will continue the slowing of the cancer.
Bob and Lyn aka Mr & Mrs K.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

That's a bit of a ruff trot Bob.
Good you now have a listening doctor....few and far...
Seems like you are over the hurdle now, fingers crossed.
My PSA gos up and down like a yo-yo... sofar no problem.
Bernie.