Prostate Health

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Re: Prostate Health

Post by Shirley »

Learnt just this week, a member of our bowling club has breast cancer, she had a consultation on Thursday re surgery & radiation treatment.
Another member's husband had his prostate removed 8 years ago, he has just finished radiation treatment, he has bone cancer in T1, T2, T4 in his spine & a couple of his ribs, no results yet.

Best Wishes for your treatment Chris, hope you have a great outcome.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Cancer in the spine and ribs, I can't think of anything more painful, pain killers don't work deep enough to control the pain in the bones and the spine and ribs means there is no way to lie to get relief ... arthritis in the spine, knees and neck is bad enough, I don't know I could handle the pain of cancer in the same areas ..... Wish him all the best for me and hoping they come up with a treatment that will at least ease the pain

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
nut17

Post by nut17 »

Dot wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:09 pm Chris, does the cancer clinic have a residential facility that you can stay during the week? The one here even has a bus that takes you to and from treatment. I am always surprised with men's attitudes when it comes to their dangler bits and the workings or not when radiation etc is mentioned. So what if you dribble and have to wear P pads and the old fella refuses to stand to attention at least you will be alive and after all there are other ways to compensate :roll: Think positive and look forward to a long care free life. May the force be with you so the saying goes.
Yes Dot, there is a purpose supplied accommodation about two blocks from the Hospital. However, the cooking / eating / TV lounge are all communal and neither Marg (Wife) nor I have contracted Covid yet - both 4 X Boosted, but considered the risk too great in such a community. There is even a free bus to pick us up from home on Monday morning and deliver us the 160km to Palmerston North Hospital in time for Monday pm treatment. The same service will will take us home each Friday afternoon following an am treatment. However, our Winnebago is our second home and all expenses, both accommodation and travel will be reimbursed by The NZ Cancer Society.

We are pretty happy with how it is working out and I have now got the hang of the empty bowel - full bladder requirement prior to each session.

Cheers Chris
2020 Winnebago ILUKA on IVECO Daily 50 C. 1200 w Solar - 400 AH LiFePO4
3000 w inverter. 195 lt compressor fridge NZMCA # 15589
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Terry, I didn't ask re pain medication, probably Contin MS, prostate cancer goes to the bones, unfortunately.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Shirley wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:28 pm Terry, I didn't ask re pain medication, probably Contin MS, prostate cancer goes to the bones, unfortunately.
Trust me if you can get away with NOT having Dexamethazone along with Fentanyl do so. That Dexameth shit was something out of this world Like I was. it is pure speed. I must say along with those 2 meds I also had liquid Morph. Would try the dope stuff if ever needed pain relief again. Nothing beats radiation burns in your mouth and right down your throat . I have a friend with a bag and when she has had enough of certain people she lets a little air out and that gets rid of the unwanted ones . :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I just lost a lengthy post to the ether. Bugger. Operator error.
Short version.
Chris, good luck. We reckon you got this :D

T1, my GP has found that Famotidine has good results with early onset arthritis symptoms. I have it twice a day now.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Had my prostate removed about 4 years ago & been on 3 monthly 'Zolodex' implants under the skin in the lower abdomen. Doc advised me that it will
prevent any increase/spreading of the cancer for about 5 years... then it will be a case of having a break for a period (not stated) then go back onto it if necessary.

Unfortunately, at the time the prostate problem was noticed a spot was found on the outer curve of the right pelvis. Dr advised that if the Zolodex removed the spot then it wasn't cancer... it didn't & it was! :shock:

Consequently, with the Zolodex break imminent that 'spot' is probably jumping with joy. :roll:

Time will tell.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck is it a spot or a dot? :lol: Reckon they should do the same as with dogs and cats, cancer in the lower legs cut them off. Chris that sounds like a good idea with your MH as your accommodation and yes a lot safer these days. Good luck with it all. Whats the secret with the bladder and bowel prep?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
WarrenK

Post by WarrenK »

Dot wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:58 am Reckon they should do the same as with dogs and cats, cancer in the lower legs cut them off.
That only works for a short time though. A friend of ours did that 9 mths ago. Had a high number of malanomas on his lower left leg, but all test said the rest of his body was clear. Had his leg removed and and started to learn how to use a prosthetic leg when in June diagnosed with 4 melanomas throughout his body including one in his heart. Now the number is 6. Starts on a trial chemo in weeks time.
Dot

Post by Dot »

WarrenK wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:23 pm
Dot wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:58 am Reckon they should do the same as with dogs and cats, cancer in the lower legs cut them off.
That only works for a short time though. A friend of ours did that 9 mths ago. Had a high number of malanomas on his lower left leg, but all test said the rest of his body was clear. Had his leg removed and and started to learn how to use a prosthetic leg when in June diagnosed with 4 melanomas throughout his body including one in his heart. Now the number is 6. Starts on a trial chemo in weeks time.
Hi Warren, Melanomas are a different kettle of fish to the cancers that they amputate for. My sister did everything for her dog , even the chemo but the bastard melanoma got her in the end. Such a cruel disease.