Glenda & JP's Conversion

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
glenda

Glenda & JP's Conversion

Post by glenda »

Finally getting there Dot!! :oops: Some info in brief on our rig at last. It took 3 years all up to get it on the road,The bus started it 's life as a 28 seater commuter. built in Sydney by Pressed Metal Bus & Coach builders it was in extremely good order, with no rust,

It was stripped out the roof was raised, then Insulated, relined, vinyl ceiling, separate shower, separate toilet basin etc, Reskined with Fiberglass. The now M/Home seats 5,

The sofa lounge didn't leave enough room for a dinette, so we have slide out tables beside the swivel captain chairs, plus a slide out table beside the Barbie on the outside of the bus under the awning, The picks will show most of the rest. Still picking up ideas & fine-tuning all the time
How we doing Dot ;)

Glenda
bus (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hino 9mtr Bus-Conversion, Batteries: 200Ah x 24v LiFePO4. Solar: 260W x 24v Kyocera. Fridge: 240L x 24v Vitrifrigo. Inverter: 3000W x 24v Gen-Power. Etc.
BernieQ2

Re: Glenda & JP's Conversion

Post by BernieQ2 »

Looking good Glenda.
Bernie.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Wonderful Glenda but don't stop there tell all here what you yourself have done to the interior and that now leads me to a question.. Q/ What do people use for the "padding" on pelmets? (the stuff under the material) we or I have decided to do the material covering and will scotch guard everything. How much if anything do you need to do now?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

We used a thin foam Dot on ours. Carol use some craft glue to hold it in place.
Bernie.
Craig

Post by Craig »

didn't use anything under the material. It all depends on the look you are after. straight, flat smooth lines or fluffy boofy look. ;)
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Craig

Post by Craig »

I notice the seat belts on the couch, Is it a store bought couch with a steel frame?
glenda

Post by glenda »

What can I say Dot, I help destroy the origional interier of the bus, been the apprentice, Hold this, Get that, wher's this that & the other, Why haven't you ordered the next lot of stuff, But I have learn't to fiberglass when JP made up the shower module , & yep I did the upholstery for the lounge,quilting for door trim etc, I'm also good with the broom & vacume cleaner,

I have just been out to see exactly how we did do the pelments, we didn't have any backing, Just glued the furnishing material to the made up metal pelments, Craig has just given some helpfull advice, Finished !! looks like never, :roll: Jp has just installed a ripper inverter, Truly I think we are pretty comfy right now,
Glenda :D
Hino 9mtr Bus-Conversion, Batteries: 200Ah x 24v LiFePO4. Solar: 260W x 24v Kyocera. Fridge: 240L x 24v Vitrifrigo. Inverter: 3000W x 24v Gen-Power. Etc.
glenda

Post by glenda »

Hi Craig
The Couch extends out to be a sofa bed that has 3 seat belts, Not store bought although It does have a steel frame, made up by JP my son
It had to be engineered there are specks for making your own side seating it is a bit involved but I can post the info plus some picks if any one is interested although It is not for the faint hearted but it can be done,
Glenda
Craig

Post by Craig »

Thanks Glenda,

It looks like you guys have done a great job.
dapope

Post by dapope »

I am well impressed
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..