I found a new hobby, and I'm having fun.

Please discuss your hobbies and interests in this forum.
Ask for a sub-section if you want it!!!
El Gringo

I found a new hobby, and I'm having fun.

Post by El Gringo »

https://thegreynomads.activeboard.com/t ... batteries/
2nd page gets interesting.

Think I will follow him around a bit, he has a few cronies as well that might appreciate a bit of notoriety?? ;)

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: I found a new hobby, and I'm having fun.

Post by T1 Terry »

:lol: They sure get their knickers in a twist when you challenge their beliefs that everyone should do the same as they have.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

I don't know how you put up with the hate for so long.
I'm afraid I would have lost it with him long ago.

Anyway, I'll keep on it.
Have fun,
Bernie B
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

They sure get their knickers in a twist when you challenge their beliefs that everyone should do the same as they have.
It's unfortunate that some people don't respect other peoples view,only in cases of dangerous info should someone challenge info given.Some people have a wealth of knowledge and only happy to share their knowledge to help others with their learning.For some people they just have a little knowledge and that makes them an expert and dangerous. :evil: There is a lot of information on forums for those interested in the topics to learn from and those not interested should hold their peace. GEEZ.... they might learn something :shock: ......Peter ;) :shock:
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Well we seem to be gathering momentum, maybe the tide is turning??

Join in anytime you want peeps..

Cheers,
Bernie B
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

I'm a member of six forums that cover motorhomes/caravans and a hobby that I'm interested in and was a member of two now defunct forums that died out because of constant bullying by some members that made the forums uninteresting to others due to members not posting for fear of being ridiculed or bullied.It's amazing how a few can spoil an interesting media source with many interesting people with a wealth of Knowledge into a dull and boring source of outdated information that is only contributed to by the bullies because anyone with scruples has moved on. To me is seems to be a power trip by some ,after a while they realize that they are on their own and wonder where everyone has gone,maybe as they get older they will grow up......But I doubt it........................Peter
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

What is the most fun is watching the "I know all about this stuff" gurus dragging one foot out of their mouth only shove the other one in even deeper :lol: That other caravan forum where a number of those that really do know what they are talking have been banned, the gurus seem hell bent on making complete idiots of themselves :roll: Those that started out "knowing all" but eventually actually put their ideas to the test have suddenly gone rather quiet, maybe they are just hoping everyone will forget what they had said previously. No shame in admitting you got it wrong, the shame is never putting their theories to the test yet continue demanding they are right and everyone else should do what they say.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

I hardly ever go on that forum, it's a lost cause to me.
I do however go on the GN forum every day, generally of more interest.

BTW, seems Ron-D has packed his bags and left, he has deleted his profile anyway.
Wonder where all his bully friends got to?
Poor bugger didn't get one iota of support from his mates.
They are all there to join in the derision, but nowhere to be found when he was on the other end???

Do you reckon we'll win?
Reckon we will, but I'll have to remind them from time to time...

Cheers,
Bernie B
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

It's never good to see someone quite a forum because they are so stuck in their beliefs they can not accept there could be a different view.
Many no longer post on "that other forum" either by choice or getting a life time ban and it is hard watching those who really don't know directing people off on a path that will lead to much pain and wallet distress further down the track.
The trap for future second hand van buyer will not finding out who did the lithium install. My biggest concern will be people who have followed this dodgie advice and started to see problems surfacing and simply putting the van up for sale. the new owner has no fall back position to find out just what was done and anyone with any knowledge regarding the system they have.
We back the systems we install, even if the ownership moves on to someone else. This means we know the system and walk them through any problems they have with the system, even if it is only becoming familiar with just how it all works and what is a normal part of the system doing its thing.
Those who off load a drop in battery set up that has started to give trouble can't offer any help to the new owners because they didn't understand the basics to start with and I fell this will start to give lithium batteries a bad rap. I don't know if Chris at Enerdrive will carry over the support to a new owner of a van that had one of their factory install systems.

T1 Terry
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Well that game is over ...!!! :o :shock: :roll:

wonder who closed it ...???

Coulda just banned the dickheads FFS...!!!

vik... :evil:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)