Pictures of my rig

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
noelesky

Pictures of my rig

Post by noelesky »

HI
Some pictures of my 5th wheeler.2000 year Aerolite 30', single slide out 14', rear kitchen and all the usual stuff, fitted with Morryde pin box.
Tow vehicle 97, F250, 7.3. Diesel, was an ambulance when I bought it, stripped it completely and re built it, it is fitted with Reece Hitch. previous vehicle was a 92, F250, 351 powered petrol and gas.
Cheers Noel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dot

Re: Pictures of my rig

Post by Dot »

Interesting set up Noel now can we see some interior pics please? & Welcome
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

That is one very neat unit Noel.
I assume it was registered with the door on that side? Any problems getting it registered?
I can't see very clearly if the trailer is sitting down on the tug in the 3rd trailer or if the vehicle is just parked under it.
It seems a weeny bit high in the front & therefore a little down on the rear.
Any problems being like that?
PS. I'm envious!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

What was the comparison between the 351 Cleveland and the 7.3ltr diesel in drivability and cost per 100kms with gas being less than half the price of diesel?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
noelesky

Post by noelesky »

admin wrote:That is one very neat unit Noel.
I assume it was registered with the door on that side? Any problems getting it registered?
I can't see very clearly if the trailer is sitting down on the tug in the 3rd trailer or if the vehicle is just parked under it.
It seems a weeny bit high in the front & therefore a little down on the rear.
Any problems being like that?
PS. I'm envious!!
Hi
It was jacked up and ute just sitting under.
The trailer was first registered in Qld. Then Vic. At that time 2000-2001 no one at Rego. Branches cared or did not know. Untill a lot more RVs were brought into the country, then (I am not sure how to say this) some people took it upon themselves to act as law enforcement officers.
Noel
noelesky

Post by noelesky »

T1 Terry wrote:What was the comparison between the 351 Cleveland and the 7.3ltr diesel in drivability and cost per 100kms with gas being less than half the price of diesel?
Hi Terry
That is a difficult question to answer, I am one of those blokes that is all ways thinking about improving my vehicle, I should do this, should do that, then I think of the money and that usually kills it.
Firstly the Diesel gives twice the mileage. (but then gas is less than half the price)
Second the Diesel has a lot more grunt. ( but if I had of had a decent gas set up, power would have been ok in the 351)
Third the Diesel engine will last longer( but the 351 costs about 1/4 the cost to do up)
The 7.3 gets along at fifteen hundred revs at 90 kph in overdrive but will not hold it on a hill, drops down a gear to twenty three hundred rpm and I hate that, I would like to put a Gear Vendors under over, in it to split the gap. Cost of unit stops that$3100
I usually run it out of overdrive and just let the cruise control run it.
It has just clocked over four hundred thousand kms.
Cheers Noel
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

So you are getting use out of it then with 400,000kms on the clock. So many people buy these things and are lucky to clock up 100,000kms on it.
The reason I asked, i have pulled the 500 Beford boat anchor out of my bus and converted it to rear engine auto using a 351 Cleveland and an allison auto . It will run mainly LPG but have provision for petrol whetre LPG isn't available. Still tossing up whether to go full turbo or the electric turbo and only use it when needed. If the 351 had near the go of the 7.3ltr diesel then I'll stick with my original plan, but if the 7.3 diesel ran rings around the 351 then I might have a rethink.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO