New Forum Owner Announcement

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
Grandad

Re: New Forum Owner Announcement

Post by Grandad »

bob r wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:07 pm ..........( one way of making sure you don't get booted off this one hey ) ;)
I was thinking the same but wasn't game to say it. :D

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Thank you all for the kind words everyone!!!
Yes, I will be around ....... unless I get banned by the new owners!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

SteveW

Post by SteveW »

:lol: :lol: I am waiting for the day when you have to throw yourself off the forum.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---Lion Tamer,
If only words could express what I am thinking, and my appreciation for all of the help you have extended and freely given to me with my laptop working problems and lack of knowledge of computer things , just to keep me in touch with the members. THANK YOU>

T-1 & Marg, have a great time playing with the new activity.
Forum Members: Take it easy on the new people 'till they get used to running show.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Bruce, (& Wendy)
Wot they all said...
In spades.
Thanks for your patience & time sorting out passwords, photos and a sackful of odds and ends.

T1 & Margaret,
Looking forward to not much change, with lots of fun & frivolity and some solid fact-based advice.

No matter which financing route we choose, count me in.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the trip so far, and don’t want to switch back to That Other Forum. 😜😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
mander48
Site Admin

Post by mander48 »

Thanks Bruce & Wendy! And thanks everyone for your well wishes. I'm still a bit stunned mullet at the moment, so please be gentle with me. No plans to make any changes - it sure ain't broke, so I don't plan on fixing anything.

Very appreciative to everyone for keeping Terry from playing in the street and greatly improving his typing speed, one-fingered though it still is.

My apologies if I don't have a lot to say - especially at the moment with jobs and BAS looming - but I'll try to get on here more often.

Margaret
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Yeah, Margaret has made a post on a forum. If Margaret can do. why can't all those members who never post do it?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Welcome Margaret. It’s great to see another girl around here.

Will be seeing you both soon.

Cheers
Lesley
Dot

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:47 pm Yeah, Margaret has made a post on a forum. If Margaret can do. why can't all those members who never post do it?

T1 Terry
Was about to ask "who is Mander48"? so welcome Margaret.x

Might be time to send an email to the members that have not posted for x of time to see if they want to stay ??
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Cheers Bruce M8, You have done a good job over the years. Can remember the day it all started, Dot was here at our place with her sister on a visit, She said Bruce wants to start a forum what do you reckon, and we both said to go for it,It,s worked pretty good eh Bruce. I've not been on as much as i would have liked over the last couple of years, Had a few health problems etc, Anyway best of luck to you two Terry and Margret . However you chose to fund it we will go with the majority. Not giving up yet, being founder member so to speak
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.