The Lucky Bus

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
supersparky

The Lucky Bus

Post by supersparky »

We have a 93 Coaster that we call the Lucky Bus because someone once told us that we are lucky to be able to afford a little motorhome, and we reckon they were right.
It has all the usual Coaster stuff, but doesn't have a turbo yet. Maybe one day :D. Standard Coaster fit out, bed at the back , toilet/shower up the front. etc. About 280w solar and AGM's via a PL20 but that will change soon enough.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: The Lucky Bus

Post by T1 Terry »

Photos, we gotta have photos :lol: No point in swapping out the old batteries till they die, no one wants them second hand anymore. Turbo charged lithium powered Coaster, they'd be able to see you, just won't be able to catch you :twisted:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Have you tried those lith batteries in smaller toys :oops: I mean appliances :lol: :?:
It seems the Diracell that keep going and going and going and ...... haven't been enough for Dottie so she is looking for more staying power..... you must use your torch a lot Dottie ;)

T1 Terry
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

Dot wrote:Have you tried those lith batteries in smaller toys :oops: I mean appliances :lol: :?:
Needs a tester........... :lol: :lol:
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Dot

Post by Dot »

Not me I'm not tech minded, maybe Terry/Margaret :roll: , he has the means and knowledge so I have been told :twisted:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Here we are parked up at the Gympie Muster this year.Last year the same spot looked like a lake after the rain, and some d/h got b....b....can't say bogged. Just lacked forward motion. Or rearward for that matter.
The Lucky Bus at the Gympie Muster.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

And very nice as well David. :D
homeless

Post by homeless »

Dapope does my lithium powered chain saw qualify.

90AH x 12v. sure beats the original battery and it is just as powerful as the 18v but just goes and goes. Also was great for pumping the tyres up. Tried the AGM in the trailer that was supposed to be fully charged and lasted no time so out with the lithium portable and it ran non stop till the tyre was fully inflated and still going as fast as when I started. And the tyre was flat when I started. Still have not charged it and have cut quite a bit of wood since.

Bit too big for the choppers so will have to stay with LiPo for them LOL

Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
dapope

Post by dapope »

thats sounds like fun, thinking that once I have done the conversion on the swaggie(gotta get home first!!) a jumper pack of 40ah would be useful, or maybe a little bigger!
Handy for lights outside and all those other things :)
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
homeless

Post by homeless »

I run the same batteries as the bus house and crank batteries so they are the spares I will never need.
Have to have a shower as the water heater is boiled today.
Funny day today, sometimes good sun and some times cloudy but still enough to need cold water so good enough for me LOL.

Hope you get home soon as those few days for a quick dash has been extended some. Never make plans as they always get broken.

Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status