dapopes rigs..

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
dapope

Re: dapopes rigs..

Post by dapope »

admin wrote:Gee the rear is sitting low! ?
From memory you replaced the springs in Broken Hill. Does it have airbags as well?
Lovely fitout and I love the barbecue. Pity I don't have room for something like that.
No, no airbags. The lo_ass is the broken spring shot. Need to fit some outside speakers and maybe a drinks fridge, once I finish sorting the batteries. I have a smaller bbq, still debating changing
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
dapope

Post by dapope »

Got the lifep04 batteries in. The main air con draws 60 amps when running. Theoretical 6hrs if running full speed and nothing else goes in. The solar can put in up to 24a at the moment. Pretty happy
Wobblybox on wheels
Dot

Post by Dot »

So can you "please explain" in simple terms that means??? :? :?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

It means I can plug in whatever appliance I like. Now I just have to get the split in the watertank sorted, and stop the air con leakingg inside when its humid and whatever else I find in the next few days
Wobblybox on wheels
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Good one, the start of a whole new world of motorhoming, one less thing to worry about. If you can find the drain position for the air con, fit a hose to it and hang it down the side, it creates a syphon effect and draws the water out of the tray. Anther tip, get the screen gauze filter out of an old washing machine hose and glue that over the hose inlet, stops leaves and rubbish clogging the hose and wasps from blocking the top part, hopefully the water will wash out any that start building nests from the bottom up, mungrel things they are.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
homeless

Post by homeless »

Glad you are nearly ready to go again.

You must not mentioned the things we do that cant be done.

I am sitting here waiting for the sun and hoping to get some hot water tonight for a shower.

Not very likely I think so might be a case of hitting the switch I think, but then that's the breaks I suppose as I still have not found out how I was suppose to boil the billy and get it into the pressurised hot water system. They want us to give our secrets but wont give theirs will they :lol:

Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
dapope

Post by dapope »

Looks like when the engine is running the air only draws about 10% from the available from the inverter. So nice to have a cool draft from behind as well as from the front when driving.
One water tank leak fixed, but it seems the other tank leaks as well. Given the work involved to pull the first one, that aint going to be cheap to fix either. The aircon is now waterproof, and the anode has been replaced in the HWS. Have had to replace the radio and CB as I somehow cooked them when I put the batteries in. I suspect that I reversed the polarity when after putting them in, the leads wouldn't reach, so I I used terminals on the other side without checking that the polarity was correct, and fed the system about6v at a suitably high amps :(
Taking it all for a drive tomorrow, then a week away at Easter
Wobblybox on wheels
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

OUCH!!! maybe just popped the diodes in them, have youhad a look inside? most reasonable quality stuff has reverse connection diodes that self sacrifice if you reverse the polarity. You will find 2 pieces of brocken black plastic that form a cyl and two wire bits that look like nail heads facing each other, with an air gap in between, that will be the blown diode, 10 cents worth at Jay Car.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

On my collection of bits to look at :) CB no great loss as the other one I had scans automatically and is a better unit:)
Wobblybox on wheels
dapope

Post by dapope »

There is something a little unnerving being able to do things like use the microwave without needing to run the generator, or running lights as required. The phones and tablets are all charging off their 240v chargers. Around 80 ah in today, plus whatever the alternator put in. Must put the other panels up.
Wobblybox on wheels