What does the membership think?

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.

Lock threads that might get heated

Poll ended at Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:16 am

Yes, I don't want any controversy on this forum
6%
No, Some things need to be talked through
18%
Couldn't care less, I just stop reading a thread if I don't like the direction it is heading
67%
Who was supposed to bring the popcorn?
9%

Total votes: 33

Cuppa

Re: What does the membership think?

Post by Cuppa »

Most of the post was removed placing what was left out of context. So I have removed what was left.
If a full copy is required please ask.
Last edited by Cuppa on Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

dapope wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:15 pm
Greynomad wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:01 pm T1,
It occurs to me that the first word of the title of this post may be superfluous.
;) :D
See now that is what I would call inflammatory.
To quote the late, great Graham Kennedy,
“It’s a joke, Joyce.”
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Ron, have a look who it was to keep the issue alive publicly this weekend. I had no intention of posting further, but felt the need to DEFEND myself against repeated accusations made quite unnecessarily today. The only asserted superiority around here lately was racially based, in a now missing post. It is obvious that you have decided who is right & who is wrong. On what basis?
[/quote]

Wrong again !
I'm just so sick of the continuous "im right" allegations and misdirected wording.
So that's why the post saying if you have a problem with any other forumite take it up with them by PM and stop dragging it out in public.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I'm just so sick of the continuous "im right" allegations and misdirected wording.
So that's why the post saying if you have a problem with any other forumite take it up with them by PM and stop dragging it out in public[
?? What is going on?
Dot

Post by Dot »

Men o pause jd
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

Cuppa wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:52 pm Most of the post was removed placing what was left out of context. So I have removed what was left.
If a full copy is required please ask.
Yes please.
Cheers.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Dot

Post by Dot »

Loved Gray Gray. he knew what a sense of humor was .just like good old "King Billy Coke Bottle Pet Mud Crab " ... YOUTUBE.COM :lol: :lol: The drink driving skit is a good one
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Well, seems it's a lot like the old CMCA forum, when the office closed at 4:30pm on Friday, all hell broke loose, come 9:00 am Monday morning, it all got locked/deleted/rewritten, what ever ....
I guess I should have realised if I took the forum on I'd give up all my free time to baby sit it when everyone is right but no one can agree just who is right ......
Now I better understand why most forums end up completely vanilla bland, anything in the slightest bit controversial gets deleted and the author gets a holiday (I believe the term was lawn mowing practice on another forum).

I didn't think that was what the membership here wanted, but only 4 voted to let the contentious threads see the light of day ..... or illuminated pixels on a screen or how ever it works .....

So, no more contentious topics, posts, bad mouthing anything or anyone, nothing religious, race oriented, political or even about the type of computer they have or the fridge they use or ..... anything really ...... for the next 7 days.
Posts will be removed, authors will get a warning first, then a holiday .... and at the end of the 7 days we will have another poll so the membership can vote on how much they enjoy the new style forum ......

I know what my vote will be already, but I can't say it yet cause I'd have to delete it and ban myself :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

At least you know who the mods are here and you get to talk to us if there is a "problem" I got banned for saying something that one of the mods over there thought it was racist , of course they would because it didn't suit their agenda but didn't have the guts to let me know, just boom you are gone. The term "mowing the lawns was the CVan place" the first one was just boom. I even got a personal ph call from Richard B telling me I was band because ONE of the mods felt I was racist. He read the offending post to me and did a chuckle but had to be seen to be doing the right thing WTF :lol: How about a special room for just shit stirring , name calling and bullying others. No one else can see it and no one can complain. Maybe name it "The boxing ring room" :lol: :lol:
dapope

Post by dapope »

I thought the poll ran till the 10th?
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..