C-C- trying it on again

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

C-C- trying it on again

Post by Dot »

I see the big bananas of the cm -- are trying to do another shonkey re constitution here is my view on it....

Looks like the CM-- board are up to their old tricks, associate members getting the right to vote and lowered quorum numbers means they can manipulate the decision making, do we really want caravan owners and people that no longer have a motor home deciding decisions for those that do. The lowered quorum is dangerous because it can be easily manipulated by the board and its dinosaur cronies, I’ll be screaming NO!
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
El Gringo

Re: C-C- trying it on again

Post by El Gringo »

Totally agree.
Did you do the survey?
I made it quite plain in my responses.

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
Dot

Post by Dot »

El Gringo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:19 pm Totally agree.
Did you do the survey?
I made it quite plain in my responses.

Cheers,
Certainly did
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Even though I'm no longer a member, I can't see the problem with caravan owners being full members, fifth wheelers are and that is jut a caravan with a different hitch point .... no doubt I have ruffled a few 5'er owners feathers but ...... just to balance it up, I don't think any trailer weighing more than the weight the requires brakes to be fitted should swing off the end of a towball mounted so far behind the rear axle. Either a 5'er type ball mount like those used on horsefloats or a dolly set up that carries the weight of the front of the van and the tow ball acts the same way as a ring feeder works on a truck/trailer connection.

As far as numbers to get anything changed in regards to constitutional change or change of membership controlling the board rather than the board calling all the shots and telling the membership they have no say on how the power of such a voting force is used, majority of 75% of the whole membership vote, no meeting stacking .... Having been at a very early days AGM where exactly that was tried ... it can get real ugly real quick, the person involved quite his position and had left the rally before the AGM actually started because he could see a linching party forming in response to his attempt to vote stack the members in the AGM tent in an attempt to change things in his favour.

I think the board should take a very close look at how the American Good Sam Club works, the membership steers the company, not the other way around.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I often wonder why they try this on every time they have a vote. That vote will get up one day soon. I also wonder how long it will be before they change the name to the caravan and motorhome club of Australia.
But at the end of the day, there isn't much difference between a caravanner and a motorhomer.
And I also thought that we weren't allowed to talk about that club on here, not that I give a big fat rat's, one way or the other.
I see T1 just ahead now. He makes the same point that Collyn Rivers makes now as well. Strangely enough nobody shouts down CR for his opinion.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We are still members, be it Associate these days but personally I think it should remain as it is, a Campervan Motorhome club & the owners of same in charge, doesn't worry us that we can't vote now.
Shirley & Bruce.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Power hungry people at their best,one of the main reasons I never renewed my membership.Perhaps they would be politicians in the future. :evil: It's a major problem with many clubs of any kind...Power..................I'm not a member of any clubs these days because of the politics,but I still might be a member of the Mickey Mouse Club :lol:
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I have just looked at the proposed changes and the survey. In the survey they ask that one gives the Reason Why the choice was made. When are people going to learn that the reason is why and only one of those words are required ie reason or why.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

hehe ... has Ray retired George?? lol
:lol: ;)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

supersparky