Re: Coronavirus discussion

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Uuummmm, the interweb stops you from re-writing history these days ...... it was Rex Connor that was arranging the Khemlani loan, he was Pakistani, not Arabian. He was arranging a loan that would have bought back a lot of the Liberal party donors industries arrangement where private enterprise owned major ex govt owned enterprises that they bought for peanuts but got to profit from selling services at an inflated price with govt backing that blocked any competition.
When Rex Connor was catch out lying to parliament, he was out and that brought the parliament into a dead lock. Then the Liberal party blocked any supply bills and reform bills.
Malcolm Frasier, John Kerr and Prince Charles then conspired to dismiss the Whitlam Govt, Malcolm Frasier became Prime minister and arranged a loan at a far greater interest percentage than the Khemlani loan was to have charged. He then paid out the companies that were building the Maldon - Dombarton rail a lot more than it would have cost to complete it and get the coal trucks off the road ......

It wasn't the Whitlam govt that should be called to account, they were trying to clean up yrs of multiple govt's questionable dealings with private enterprises ...... maybe that is what Scomo is scared of happening ...... the number of questionable grants from this govt along needs a closer inspection that can't be blocked or limited by the sitting govt of the day .....

T1 Terry

For reference these sites tell a lot, actual copies of letters between the parties involved. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... 9604b630da
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... 9604b63008
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

BA2 the new Covid variant = more easily spread but at the same time the "people that know" have now opened up the place up to big gatherings, singing, dancing so WTF has all the hoo hah been about for the last 2 years. Yesterday when I went to the cancer clinic I still had to go through the strict procedures before even getting inside the building. ....
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I think it's called herd immunity Dot. Now that most states are over 90% double vaxxed they don't give a flock anymore and just want to get the economy going again.
Economy = their mates business'
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Dave I think it's more to do with Gov revenue.
Can only imagine the extra the Gov will collect with the recent fuel price rise.
Mention of 'mates' wasn't really needed as all the workers aren't mates are they?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Friend at bowls y'day told me her g'daughter who attends local high school has tested positive to Covid, wondering if its the new strain, her husband is recovering from open heart surgery, so no visiting for awhile. I asked my g'son (13) who is double vaccinated re school, he told me several pupils have been off with Covid.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

BruceS wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:59 pm Dave I think it's more to do with Gov revenue.
Can only imagine the extra the Gov will collect with the recent fuel price rise.
Mention of 'mates' wasn't really needed as all the workers aren't mates are they?
The ones owning the business are the "mates"the wages suckers are still stung with wages tax, so a win/win for the govt, gotta make that economy look like it's going gang busters as an election selling point for their "good economic management" ..... not quite the case if anyone wants to look at the national debt level before they took office and today ..... someone wasn't paying attention in their economics classes at school if they think going deeper into debt is a sign of good management ..... :roll:
Just for reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia ... nment_debt Abbott took office in 2013 and we have had a coalition govt since .... A bit more info for context https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/a ... ominal-gdp
can't find any info for the last 2 yrs though .... do you think it would have gone up or down?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dumb question for the day. Who do we (as a country) borrow all that money off? Does anyone really know?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

probably china :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:28 pm Dumb question for the day. Who do we (as a country) borrow all that money off? Does anyone really know?
Technically, we don't actually have to borrow the money, we just print it, but that causes the value of the AUD to drop ...... I'll leave you to consider how well our $$ is doing against the other currencies to determine if it still holds better than USD parity ..... So does that mean the real national debt is even higher?
Some have questioned if we are a country can actually meet the interest payments on our debt without digging stuff up and selling it ..... then the flow on effect if other countries stop paying top $$ for it and earning the Australian treasury the big $$ .....

T1 Terry
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

supersparky wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:28 pm Dumb question for the day. Who do we (as a country) borrow all that money off? Does anyone really know?
It's a big con job, every country on the planet is in debt and owes money to every other country, Theoretically the government can get money from selling bonds, borrowing from overseas investors and borrowing from itself. In the last century, government finances were based on the amount of gold reserves countries held. However it was decided to sell off all our gold reserves and join the global debt regime but dumping tariffs and and import restrictions, so the government could give more money to their vested interests both locally and overseas and print money without having to be accountable to the people. That's why we have multi billionaires now, they have the freedom to sell our natural resources and keep just about all the money, so they can maintain what they tell everyone is economic growth, but in reality is constant profit growth, rationalisation of industry and jobs so they can make more money.

Now instead of having an economy that runs on Australian industry, we have ab economy that runs on overseas industry and debt the other countries who also owe us money. Then we have the world bank, which is owned by 5 multinational organisations, who some how got huge amounts of money from out of the air so they could in debt developing countries and then bleed them of natural resources and slave driven junk commodity manufacture.

The world is run by deranged ideologues, whose only interest is in pushing their ideological version of life and as ideology is the belief in fantasy land delusions which can never be achieved. Our monetary system is a basket case which is falling apart because it's unsustainable in every way and the results are starting to raise their head above the delusions. The outcome no one knows as there's no way to determine what the future will be like when the planet is being run on delusionary insanity.