The footy is back on.

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Newcastle George

Re: The footy is back on.

Post by Newcastle George »

Sure does, particularly the women's game.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

Bring back men's nude mud wrestling but use melted chocolate not mud and I'm in , no licking off I shall have to slurp off ;) :oops: :oops: ;) :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:21 am
Not that you can see, it's all muscle so they don't break their collarbone in a tackle. Having a short neck is really an essential for playing NRL,
T1 Terry
Is that why they are called meat heads :shock: , as for audiences, ALF has more turn up at games, more watch it on TV and ten times more play it round the country and it's growing rapidly :D . Can't say the same for NRL which is losing audiences :cry: :lol: .

As for soccer, they have big audiences overseas, but not in Aus and it's the one game where they have to cage followers and separate them from each other, as opposing team followers have a tendency to bash each other at the game and in the streets.

Whatever sport Ash Barty takes up, it will drive a huge uptake from all the young girls round the country. Hope she has a go at AFLW, she takes a footy everywhere and plays kick the kick before matches, as well as cricket. If I remember correctly in an interview awhile ago she did say she would love to play AFLW before she got to old, she would make a great mid field player. She has a golf handicap in single figures, which is some feat compared to my golf handicap.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'll put $5 on being a Labor candidate in the next Fed election.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

There's not too many sports stars that go on to be successful long time pollies. Most sports persons have more integrity than that.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BruceS wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:17 pm I'll put $5 on being a Labor candidate in the next Fed election.
You're on, double or nothing if she wins a seat?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

supersparky wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:07 pm There's not too many sports stars that go on to be successful long time pollies. Most sports persons have more integrity than that.
And intelligence, you could probably count on one finger the number of sports stars that have gone into politics that have made a difference. I hope we get more independents than party politicians elected this time, that would ensure there would be an effort to do the right hing instead of now, they do what they have to for their vested interests and that's it.

It's notable that rarely a week goes by without some meat headed NRL player making it into the papers for abuse of some kind. Watched the NRL last night for a few minutes, they really try hard to not put cameras on the empty stands, but you still see the majority of seats empty. On the other hand, AFL stands are over 75% full.
Dot

Post by Dot »

forum fun.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

You have 5 weeks or less to get in shape and get your costume ready Dot. :lol: :lol: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

If you look carefully, is there is a grill under the girls (?)..... and probably the rest of a car. (?)