One Nation??

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: One Nation??

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:47 pm
Our national anthem was recently changed (WITHOUT consultation BTW) from “We are young” to “We are one”.
Certainly a mistake after reading this thread .... it should have been changed to, We are white and came be sea" Not sure where we should add the lines about stealing the land and fencing it to keep those that we stole the land from because our white heritage told us it was ours for the taking .......
That is so stupid "We are white and come by sea" stole and fenced the land, how stupid, this land does NOT belong to anyone, we are all caretakers, seems you are ashamed to be a NON coloured person , you called me a racist but now who is the racist? :roll:

As a young bloke, I had a good mate who was aboriginal, I didn't understand he was a less of a person than I was because I was of white fella heritage, he was a lot smarter than me and qualified to attend the brianiacs public high school that was separate from us lower intelligence soles and us dumb ones had to be split into all boys and all girls schools ..... such was the thinking of the education dept at the time.

There are a lot of people smarter than you Terry and some are white along with some yellow, black or even red
We remained good friends, he ended up becoming a Police prosecutor and later a probationary magistrate ..... somehow he lost the gig because he didn't come down harder on the aboriginals that came before him compared to his treatment of the privileged white class people who had committed very similar offences.
What's this guys name Terry he is sure to be listed and easily found on Google. If this was the truth surely the PC people would of raised hell??

Maybe it's time to replace all the privileged class white court folk with aboriginals and see what justice feels like from the other side of the argument.
Yes maybe it is time but where are you going to find them, we are safe because we are not the "privileged folk that you speak of. Well I'm not
This bloke expected his boss to drive across town to pick him up for work every day, pay for his lunch, then drive him home after work!

Friend of ours in Coober Pedy was a contracted plumber to fix all the outer communities plumbing mainly Marla areas, he had a lad for a helper he never turned up so Paul was told to pick this guy up each morning but he was never out of bed and when he did get to the job he had no ideaof instructions so he sleptmost of the day. Paul told the PC do gooders his wages should be doubled as the jobs were taking longer every time this guy was there. Yep heard these stories and as everyone knows bludgers are in every colour.
Yeah, had a few of those, but they were white fellas. Even bought one a car so he could drive himself to and from work and I'd deduct payments from his weekly pay packet ...... never turned up the next day or the day after .... had to chase him for the car or the money ...... didn't have any money so it was a case of taking the car back and either driving out there to pick him up and then drive him home after
work or find another employee.
I bet there are a lot of business people out there at the moment that would be happy to arrange transport to and from work and buy lunch, just to get them to come and work for them ...... Just like the illegal fruit pickers. I challenge you Terry to give one of the people you seem to defend like a couple of others that were here a simple job experience but no picking them up, buying lunch or dropping them home. Better still why don't you have a go at running for parliament on the aboriginal affairs cuz none of them will. NZ has a set amount of seats in Parliament ONLY for Moari's (10 I think) they never get filled but if not filled the whites do not take those seats

T1 Terry
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Personally I believe that the problems being created within the Aboriginal communities are caused by people who identify as Aboriginal owing to the fact the heritage is true, be it a couple of generations back or longer but don't acknowledge there Anglo Saxon or whatever heritage.

Agree with Ray, are we going to have special rules etc., for the many Nationalities & Religious groups that make up Australia today.

Without a doubt many, many folk are racist, I often wonder what my mother in law would think & say about my South Pacific Isander & Asian daughter in laws & now her daughter's eldest son's partner is or identifies as Aboriginal. :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Probably proud Shirley.
Bernie.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Don't know Bernie she was a very racist person,even when Bruce was growing up she would give the kids money to buy a piece of fruit & tell them not to go to the Italians shop to buy it, Bruce always went there because they polished the apples & sat them on tissue paper. :lol: only this week there was a photo of the shop on local FB site that I belong to, asking anyone remember this green grocery? It was on Concord Road, North Strathfield.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

On the money, Shirley!

Our longest-time friends are of Maltese heritage. One born in Oz of Maltese parents, her husband emigrated with his parents.
They have three children. One married an Egyptian, one a Vietnamese, the third a Chinese. Dinner time at Nonna’s is a United Nations of both attendees and cuisine.
We’re always welcomed and enjoy the chaotic evening.

They all say they are Australian. Not Maltese-Australian, Chinese-Australian or whatever. And they don’t expect special treatment or court set-ups because of their heritage.

What gets up my nose is precisely what was quoted earlier.
Don’t tell me my beliefs are wrong because you believe something different. Don’t expect me to give you special attention because of your heritage, beliefs, sexual preferences or whatever. You live here, you’re Australian.
There are structures and governments established by our forebears to serve us ALL.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Please pass the pop corn ..... or is it all gone?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

All gone, sorry M8 :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Bruce,
Do what I do:
Head back, open the mouth, tip up the bag & give it a few taps. 😁

Then wipe the chippie crumbs off your face. :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Good Sunday morning everyone.
Old mate in the phone was out by 4* yesterday...today he sez 12* I don't believe him :D :D
Started filling the Winny...beer's in ;) ...only three more sleeps...
My next door finally got away he is on his way to the "Tip", recons he will be away for a cuppla months, hope he enjoys....we did when we went. :)
I see Ash Barty is now married.
Archie Roach passed away.
And its bacon and eggs day at our place :D :D :D
Keep safe everyone.
Bernie.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Whilst I can/could claim heritage I don't as a matter of principle,
I have far more Anglo than any other, even that's a mixed breed according to my DNA, so although I might have the right to claim Aboriginality I just can't be bothered to try to reconcile the brutality of some of those heritages with my life as it is now.
As well as all that I really can't see how I can make one part of my heritage apologise to the other parts of my heritage, as that conundrum lives inside me today.
Imagine the Aboriginal side claiming special rights and a continuous sorry from the Anglo side, and the continuous counterclaims and concessions from the Anglo side, it would do my head in if I even considered it.
Maybe that's some of the current problems with the mixed races we have agitating for extra considerations ?

Maybe we as Australians should take a leaf out of the book as shown by NZ some years ago.
All NZeders are considered equal, with no special departments of Maori splitting the country and legally making racial divisions.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.