One Nation??

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Vik351

Re: One Nation??

Post by Vik351 »

Noggins wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:31 am Whilst I can/could claim heritage I don't as a matter of principle,
I have far more Anglo than any other, even that's a mixed breed according to my DNA, so although I might have the right to claim Aboriginality I just can't be bothered to try to reconcile the brutality of some of those heritages with my life as it is now.
As well as all that I really can't see how I can make one part of my heritage apologise to the other parts of my heritage, as that conundrum lives inside me today.
Imagine the Aboriginal side claiming special rights and a continuous sorry from the Anglo side, and the continuous counterclaims and concessions from the Anglo side, it would do my head in if I even considered it.
Maybe that's some of the current problems with the mixed races we have agitating for extra considerations ?

Maybe we as Australians should take a leaf out of the book as shown by NZ some years ago.
All NZeders are considered equal, with no special departments of Maori splitting the country and legally making racial divisions.

Ron
Well said bro...

As a former Kiwi , but just as a blowin kiddie, was two when I got there and seven when I left, I remember we were one nation ... was the late 50's ,but even so ,was none of this them and us crap...!!!

Getting to OZ as a kid of seven :shock: why would the them and us strike me then ...???
Couldnt believe cos you were a certain race everything was free ... !!! :o

And that my friends is the only problem ...!!! Was with Pauline from day one , how right was and is she she ...!!!

But nah, all the "Doo Gooders" (on the outside...!!!) couldnt have that ...

Now the brain washing in schools and unis ,we are farked ...

Growing up in the 60's and 70's was soo good, now to see the joint goin down the shitter ... soo sad ...

The young ones got NFI ,cant tell em anything , ya dont wonder why folk end it all ...

Only got to Army Cadets in high school, but tell ya what ... If I was a Digger, how would ya feel now ... :cry: :evil:

Get shot at for the crap that is now ...!!!

Can only end with a song ... :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqSKwXHxgdQ

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I totally agree with "meet half way"idea, but we all know things never go that way, there is always an over exaggeration creating a swing in the opposite direction, then a half swing back, then a quarter swing back again .... but it never settles on an even playing field for all ..... wasn't too long ago everyone wanted to swim out off shore and come in on boat wreck and claim all the goodies they see that the boat people were getting, totally ignoring the likes of the Biloela family and the struggles they went through ....
I see the "diggers" were mentioned, only the white ones are seen as heroes, the indigenous returned to the same old treatment ......

Sadly, I've tried to find my friend but I can't seem to find any records, the internet was in it's early days in the late 90's and that was the last time I had contact with him ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
idexnz

Post by idexnz »

It's interesting to see that some Aussies think all is well in NZ. It is Not!

Over the past few years of a Labour government which has allowed minority parties to dictate what, how and when to do things NZ is sliding rapidly backwards into a racially motivated and divided country, heading for "co-governance" against the wishes of much of the population.

Democracy is gradually being eroded and we are in real danger of becoming yet another Third World basket case, especially if we continue to take much notice of the climate change nonsense being promoted by the U.N..
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Yet another ‘Us n Them’ episode… :roll:

The Shrine of Remembrance has declined to light up in rainbow colours to promote a display on the LGBTQIABCZXF soldiers’ contribution to various wars.
The aforesaid alphabet soup group has branded objections voiced to the Shrine’s management as ‘hate speech’.

However, demands by the alphabet soup group to rename Margaret Court Arena after she expressed a personal opinion on same-sex marriage we’re definitely not ‘hate speech’, but ‘justified outrage’… 🤔 Of course! Most reasonable of them! Really!?!?!

OK, so some of the soldiers who went to war were ‘p@@fters’ … so what? They fought — and died — just like the heterosexual soldiers. They were paid the same wage, and weren’t issued with pink uniforms.
Why do we need a special exhibition for them anyway?

What next? A special exhibition for atheist soldiers?

I’m getting tired of being told what to believe and think. And being told that what I believe and think is wrong and hateful.

I fear that sometime soon we’ll have a Trump clone in power, and our society will go down the toilet as it has in America.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

My son went St Peters boarding school in Cambridge NZ (now co ed) open to all. Further down the road was St Stephen’s School, Auckland This was a Maori only school have no idea if it is still going. There are also courts for Maori land. As with everywhere there is to some degree division in every aspect of life.
Terry Google has everything you want to find just google the mans name. You have told me that on several occasions :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Some years ago a white friend’s two year old daughter became violently ill on a Sunday evening.
She rushed her to the Aboriginal Clinic, two blocks from her home, the only medical facility open at that time.
Receptionist told her the clinic was for Aboriginal people only… refused to call the doctor out and suggested she take the child to the nearest hospital… at that time Royal Melbourne Hospital, a 35km drive away.
Clinic wouldn’t even call an ambulance for her as she wasn’t Aboriginal!

“We are one…” 🎶
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Sadly, yet another indigenous child's death is being investigated in regards to criminal neglect. There were plenty of reports from various govt agencies about things not being up to the required standards, but their hands were virtually tied as far as taking the child or children into safe custody after all the troubles the "stolen generation" in the past created.
Would a separate indigenous court system with indigenous staff to attend these type of problems be a solution? Often an extended family member will take over the care for the children, but the system isn't understood in the way white man procedures are written out ..... but getting indigenous people to do the awarding of custody etc could be the solution to a problem that we don't have an answer for at the moment .....
I'm sure this is only one aspect of law enforcement that could be handled without much backlash because it was another indigenous member who handed down the verdict and solution ..... and if it goes pear-shaped, they will have to explain what went wrong .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Terry, the topic is One Nation, and that is how Australia should be.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:40 am Terry, the topic is One Nation, and that is how Australia should be.

George
Fair point George, they were establish here before the poms sailed in and took everything as their birth right to do so, so should the one nation be the people who were already here and we should accept their laws?
Do you really think that being white makes us right and gives us the right to make all the rules?

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Terry,
… we should accept their laws?
Does that mean for your next parking ticket penalty you would accept being speared in the leg? 🤔

Tribal penalties have a place in tribal societies.
The whites built our current society, so those aborigines who accept the benefits of it should also accept its strictures and penalties.

Given the number of Muslims now residents here, would you be OK with a separate Sharia Law court system for them? Honour killings for daughters who go on unaccompanied dates with non-Muslim boys; the chopping off of a hand for thieves, public executions…

… and before anyone points it out:
Yes, I realise that white society is failing to deliver on adequate housing & health care for aborigines.
Just as our society is failing in the same way with low-income whites.

We have just changed governments to (in part) redress these problems. Let’s hope this mob will actually DO SOMETHING, and not just issue press releases announcing what they plan to do after the next election. :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields