One Nation??

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: One Nation??

Post by supersparky »

Ray, do you reckon that's because there were no American people about. Quite a lot of ads that we see on our Free to Air TV are straight out of the U S A . Not sure about ads on Netflix, Stan, Kayo whatever because we don't have it.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Channel 10 is American owned and use mostly American adds. Watching seven during the commonwealth games and the same. Netflix is mostly American. Cheaper to use them and to produce over there but don’t use love the old black blokes doing their thing certainly not directed to a Australian market except for the company name
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

On another tack, but within the direction of the thread:
Congrats to Hobart City Council on its decision to remove the statue of a former State Premier who, it has been revealed, was also an immoral butcher.
Surreptitiously removing the skull from the body of an aboriginal and replacing it with one from another mortuary resident was heinous beyond measure.
It was rightly condemned at the time, and is wrong not just by today’s standards but those applying at the time.
However, I am opposed to renaming Hobart. The city wouldn’t exist without the presence of Europeans.
The Aboriginal advocates cannot conflate the action of this butcher with the naming of the city.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dave & RnB,
It seems to me that most of the stuff being flogged by our coffee-coloured ladies (& occasional man) are local products, not international brands.
Hotondo Homes immediately springs to mind.
And one (very forgettable) car insurance ad features an Australian model SUV (different name badge overseas) in front of an unmistakably Australian-looking house.
Coffee-coloured lady has a white ‘husband’ and children as dark as she is — a genetic oops from the ad agency.

The ‘gut health’ campaign has an obviously American cast (including a frizzy haired toddler who obviously didn’t understand what he was supposed to do) in one iteration, but they managed to balance that with a couple of locally produced ads featuring a farmer dancing about a paddock and another dancing down what appears to be a Woolies aisle.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ray, you must pay more attention to the ads than I do. I'd like to say that I will pay more attention, but in reality , I can't see that happening. :lol:
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dave,
In a previous life I worked in PR… closely related to advertising. So despite being retired, it’s a professional interest.
I’m also a hawkeye for continuity blunders in ads and film/TV, as I’ve written & directed a good number of promotional videos.
And you know my record on this forum regarding grammar & spelling. 😀😜 A hangover from my subediting days.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ray, every time I see a grammatical error or spelling mistake on the news crawler on the bottom of the screen, I immediately think of you.
Strangely enough most of the overseas news services, that I am lucky enough to be able to watch when I pretend to be an insomniac, have very few of the afore mentioned errors.
Just watched an all Aussie ad, one girl, her dad and a block of chocolate.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Dot

Post by Dot »

David so pleased you didn't say you thought of Ray when he mentioned he was into PR!! :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

POSITION VACANT
Proofreader. Must be able to spell.
Apply to the News Director, ABC NEWS24.
06B13241-DC7F-4EEB-A672-407C16F55A17.jpeg
From tonight’s late news…
Q.E.D.🙄

Q.E.D.??? 🤔
Google it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Coffee-coloured ladies are turning up in ads for Medibank & Woolworths, just to name two.
Not exactly international corporations. (Oz Woolies has no connection to UK Woolworths.)
At least Medibank is using a lady with a realistic body shape… unlike the diet meal companies who use size 8 girls who look like they have never in their lives had a problem with excess weight!
I acknowledge that one company shows ‘before & after’ pics of both men & women. Good on them!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields