Bowls

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Bowls

Post by Shirley »

Our new mens' bowls coordinator is trying to increase our membership, anyone for barefoot bowls?
IMG_2681.JPG
James organised this tonight, think it may be more popular as the weather warms.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Re: Bowls

Post by supersparky »

We have tried barefoot bowls a few times now, Shirley.
I enjoy playing. We will probably drift into it, after we finish up travelling. My FiL was an avid bowler, until his back gave out. He played bowls all over Australia, when he was travelling.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

An interesting thought Shirley.

According to his nibs, we are not old enough yet to settle down and become active members of any club, but not saying never. ;) ;)
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

David, several of our members who travel take their bowls with them & have games wherever they are staying, all say get to know the locals & learn about the location. A few years ago the CMCA organised a tag along lawn bowls trip, staying at each place & playing bowls.

Deborah our oldest Member is 93yrs, youngest would be late thirties, there are several younger fellows that play with the men. The new coordinator would be about 40yrs., he is a coach too, he has organised St Brendan's high school kids to play bowls as their sport, they seem to be enjoying it.

When my g'son was young, the club organised for the kids to learn playing bowls, he's 25 now, problem was it was in winter, think they had to be at least 12 yrs., anyway it was during the week late afternoon, was to late & also to cold, the numbers attending quickly declined & the venture was cancelled.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I don't think I could throw a ball that far. ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:06 am I don't think I could throw a ball that far. ;)
Dot, do you reckon that you could try rolling it instead. :lol:
You might surprise yourself. :o
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Not sure if my shoulder is up to a good over arm spin bowl using balls that size, and the run up is a bit short ....... As Brian (Homeless) seems to prefer bare feet to any sort of foot wear, although Crocs have started to become his latest fashion accessory, and he was a very keen lawn bowler, I reckon is the local bowls club introduced it he would be a possible starter ...... a bit for for his mobility scooter to get to your club each afternoon though Shirley .... maybe Bruce M could give him a lift ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

MiL was a member of the State Championship Bowls in the 1970s.
She had a framed illustrated print someone gave her,
“If your aunty had bowls,
She’d be your uncle.”
😁😁😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I really e joy barefoot bowls. A lot of fun in a group.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Pleased to report that our Grade 3, mens' pennants team won & brought the flag home this arvo, match was played at Ettalong, great celebration back at the club tonight, by the photos posted think there will ce a few sore heads tomorrow. :lol: :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.