Who is out and about? & where?

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Who is out and about? & where?

Post by Dot »

Who is out and about? where, how long and any other info we would be interested in???
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Re: Who is out and about? & where?

Post by RobertNotBob »

At home new door has not arrived and my mobile repair bloke came of his bike and buggered his shoulder so todays fix put back a couple of weeks.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Hi all,
I'm still at Ca$ino village getting ready to go to Bingara on the 11/10 for the rally.
Went to Lismore yesterday to O'briens for new windscreen [ been ordered for two weeks] yes they got it wrong, the screen was for a different model. Now have to wait till 6/10 for the new one.
The woman next door lost her balance and fell over, then laid on the floor for two days as no one new. Eventually her daughter rang her and got no reply so rang her other neighbour who went and chacked and found her. Ambo's called and off to hospital. A warning device is not an option as she has dementure and may not have remembered how to use it.
I have given this much thought as I live on my own and my fear is falling and not being able to get up [I,m 85 so it is a worry] I don't want a system that calls back to base who then rings someone to come to check on me.
So I have bought an alarm/flashing light which I will fit outside and all this willbe activated by my phone [which I will have to carry 24/7. This system will alert the whole street to come to my aid.

Cheers to all

PeterH
PeterH
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Peter,
For the benefit of others of us who are ageing (and may not care to admit it), can you tell us the brand & where it's available?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Peter, Ray, & Others:-
My friend in WA has a Neck Pendant that phones direct to 000 without going to a 3rd person in the event of a fall. She can also activate it in event of emergency or physical attack.
In the event of a Stroke or sudden unconscious condition the pendant sends out the alarm.
The pendant sends her location to 000 eliminating the need to talk to an operator.

In the event of a fall the pendant waits for a preset time for the wearer to cancel the action before contacting 000.
The pendant operates on the 3g/4g network, and her alarm pendant is with Telstra. There is a small monthly cost for the Sim Card.
I think this would be more convenient than having to carry a mobile phone 24 hours and be alert enough to send a 000 call.
I would assume that the Telstra Shop may have details of cost and availability.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---Peter,
Do you intend to stop your travels and live out your days in the caravan park unit.
If you travel, can you take the alarm and flashing light with you in the 5er or is only for use in the cottage unit.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

We are at the beginning of what is planned to be a 4 month trip. Just finished 4 nights at Gum Tree Lodge at Howard with friends we made on last year’s Country Pub Camping trip.

Currently in Biggenden and then moving on to a Jayco MH mini tagalong to Goomeri, Kingaroy and Blackbutt. Then heading south by a yet to be determined route. Washing day today.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Been to the dentist at Remark to start getting my front tooth fixed. Does that count? Just had 32mls of rain overnight.
Cheers John
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Just been out restocking and sorting some cupboards. Made a shopping list and if we do not have it at home then a shopping I will go next week.

Looking forward to a few days away just hope the bloody rain shoo’s off. Cheers Robert
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:20 am Peter,
For the benefit of others of us who are ageing (and may not care to admit it), can you tell us the brand & where it's available?
Brian (Homeless) has a watch that is supposed to call emergency contact numbers if he has a fall .... stupid thing went off when he lay under a vehicle to check something and we had people turning up and heaps of phone calls etc, yet it never sounded an alarm that it had done anything to enable a cancellation before sending out the distress call ...... I won't mention the brand, but it did have a bit taken out of it ..... ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO