Letting off steam

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Letting off steam

Post by T1 Terry »

Swisslulu wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:27 pm Know how you feel Kay. With the way the flooding in NSW and Vic is and what seems like a bit of disinterest from those in Melbourne, we’ve decided to go as far as Eden and then turn around and head back home. We might fly to Melbourne for Xmas or later. Will see how it goes. The weather (wind and cold) has been awful. Came down the Bulli Pass today towing the Suzi. That was a bit of fun!
Ummmm....... why Bulli Pass and not Mt Ousley? At least it wasn't Maquarie Pass https://www.dangerousroads.org/australi ... -pass.html but then it's probably still closed anyway.
You could always come over to Mannum, I'm sure we can find a spot for you above the flood line ;) :lol: A perfect opportunity to get those once in a lifetime photos of the Murray in full flood :D If it rains while you are here, you could also get some photos of the Mannum Waterfall in full flow .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Make the most of being able to see your kids and grandkids, I get to see one of my tribe and only vaguely remember the first grand kid from around 20 yrs ago, when my daughter was murdered. Her father took her to the USA as soon as he was found not guilty and I have heard from or seen her since. One son died on the end of a needle, I'd seen him once in about 8 yrs before that, other son has just vanished from the face of the earth as far as I know, ex wife has made sure of that.
As I said, I get to see one daughter from the second marriage, the other two don't want to know me and I've never seen the two grand kids (maybe more) that one of them has .....
I do get to see Margaret's son when we can get together and we get along great, her daughter ..... best let that alone, maybe thing will improve as she gets older ....
Enjoy the chances you get, you never know when the circumstances will change .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:19 am
Swisslulu wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:27 pm Know how you feel Kay. With the way the flooding in NSW and Vic is and what seems like a bit of disinterest from those in Melbourne, we’ve decided to go as far as Eden and then turn around and head back home. We might fly to Melbourne for Xmas or later. Will see how it goes. The weather (wind and cold) has been awful. Came down the Bulli Pass today towing the Suzi. That was a bit of fun!
Ummmm....... why Bulli Pass and not Mt Ousley? At least it wasn't Maquarie Pass https://www.dangerousroads.org/australi ... -pass.html but then it's probably still closed anyway.
You could always come over to Mannum, I'm sure we can find a spot for you above the flood line ;) :lol: A perfect opportunity to get those once in a lifetime photos of the Murray in full flood :D If it rains while you are here, you could also get some photos of the Mannum Waterfall in full flow .....

T1 Terry
Terry with your state government enacting special laws for the flood's, would that negate the farmers right to stop you going through his property... just a thought.
Bernie
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The battery powered angle grinder will ;) They can try to put up a trespass case to the local Police and see how that goes, the road is called Lenger Rd on Google maps so as far as I understand it, that means the road is gazetted and therefore can not be closed off with a padlocked gate .... Might not be an issue, I can't see any of the neighbourhood group doing anything to antagonise the farmer, so as long as other idiots don't start to use it as a race track or a motorbike dare devil ride, things should be fine.
There was a town meeting last night, but we were both too exhausted to add that to the day, so we will wait for those who did attend to pass on the news ....

T1 Terry
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:19 am

T1 Terry
Because I’m not too bright and just accepted what Google Maps told me. I did wonder about that very sharp bend in the road but didn’t remember there was a place called Bulli Pass till we were committed.🙄 In my defence, we’ve never been down the coast south of Sydney! Erich wasn’t bothered. The Iveco performed perfectly. And I’ve since been warned about Macquarie Pass, thanks.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Back in the olden days, we used to go to Coal Cliff, fishing. Dad had a A Model Ford. Down Bulli was faster than up.
In latter years we went with Carol's Dad.
Memories.
Bernie.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

As you come down the top part of Bulli Pass, you pass through a bit of a zig zag with a waterfall on the right hand side, that is known as the "wishing well" ..... going down you wish you had selected a low gear while you were there and cross your fingers the brakes don't over heat before you reach the hairpin.

I drove a 7 tonne fridgie truck down there, flipped the exhaust brake on at the exit of the wishing well and the left hand engine mount let go, the truck jumped out of gear and the engine stopped ...... Talk about tearing the seat with the sphincter muscles .... wrestled with the starter, the exhaust brake toggle switch to get it to release the air, the steering wheel because the was now no power steering and the gear stick trying to get any gear ..... that safety ramp if you go straight ahead ends at the top you can see from the road, if you haven't stopped by then you launch out over the ridge and into the trees :shock:
I managed to get it started, back into a gear, elbow wrapped around the gear stick so it couldn't jump out of gear again and dragged it around the hairpin with a full speedway slide opposite lock style to stop it rolling over ...... I almost did the Pope trick and kissed the ground once I got it stopped to the applause of the cars travelling behind me .... they were sure they were watching a serious truck accident in the making :lol: There was no hope the brakes were going to stop it down that section .....

T1 Terry
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Even going down Mt Ousley in our bus, 1st gear doesn'tkeep it slow enough, the revs keep increasing until I have to bring it to a complete stop and start all over again. :x As far as going up I prefer Bulli Pass in the Bedford.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:31 am Make the most of being able to see your kids and grandkids, I get to see one of my tribe and only vaguely remember the first grand kid from around 20 yrs ago, when my daughter was murdered. Her father took her to the USA as soon as he was found not guilty and I have heard from or seen her since. One son died on the end of a needle, I'd seen him once in about 8 yrs before that, other son has just vanished from the face of the earth as far as I know, ex wife has made sure of that.
As I said, I get to see one daughter from the second marriage, the other two don't want to know me and I've never seen the two grand kids (maybe more) that one of them has .....
I do get to see Margaret's son when we can get together and we get along great, her daughter ..... best let that alone, maybe thing will improve as she gets older ....
Enjoy the chances you get, you never know when the circumstances will change .....

T1 Terry
Terry, we admire both you and Margaret for the trials you have been through and still come out the other side smiling. We hope we can catch up again next year. The plan is to head through the NT, drop down into SA and catch up. The best thing about us joining CF, buying a caravan, heading to Kerang, has been meeting you two. What an inspirational pair you are.

Stay tuned!
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Macca

Post by Macca »

Goodness Terry and Marg. You certainly have had so much in both yoyr lives that makes me think just how blessed ws are to have our 3 children and 7 grandies, all adults now , healthy and happy. Going through having baby grandie at schoolies this week- ugh! Lesley have to agree about those ULWEs and meeting so many, many who have become life long friends.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#