Games from the Past.

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Games from the Past.

Post by Shirley »

The 8 year old g'son was researching the things we use to play 🤣🤣 For school, Hopscotch, Quoits, Fiddle Sticks, Marbles, Jacks, Skipping, Simon says, I spy, Monkey in the Middle, String games & many more, all taken over by internet games, my g'sons use to play snakes $ ladders & Chinese chequers when they were little fellows.
Shirley & Bruce.
jon_d

Re: Games from the Past.

Post by jon_d »

Scrabble was a favourite with my Grandmother. She passed when I was 16 from a stroke.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Yes we use to play Scrabble too, we use to play cards too before TVs arrived on the scene.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

My mum got addicted to a game I had (Trouble) :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hand ball against the toilet block wall was very popular in high school, but mostly because the gambling :lol: Each kid had to put $10 in to play (my first job paid $20 for a 5 1/2 day week when I left school) so quite a big buy in, then there were side bets as to how many rounds each player would last until they dropped out ..... We are talking hundreds of $$ changing hands each lunch time with up to 20 kids in the first buy in ......

As a family we played a lot of different card games, not a lot of board games until after my father died when I was turning 11.

A game that became very popular with the kids at Christmas when we holidayed at the caravan park on the Shoalhaven River when water skiing wasn't happening, was Risk, the number of blow ups over that game was incredible :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO