wet feet in Mannum

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BruceS
Site Admin

wet feet in Mannum

Post by BruceS »

marinafloods.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Re: wet feet in Mannum

Post by Dot »

WOW what a difference, saw the old guy on tv tonight saying no one is helping him get supplies or emergency housing because he has pets???? How much higher do they think the river will rise now?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Bruce.

What are they doing for food and things?

How many people are living in them?
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

BruceS wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:39 pmmarinafloods.jpg
can you pencil your houseboat Bruce, so people will get a better idea of your predicament.

Bernie.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Hi Bruce

Hope you are staying dry

Can't make out from photo - what is that elongated barrier surrounding the boats made of ?
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Can't make out from photo - what is that elongated barrier surrounding the boats made of ?
trees?
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Marina with Brian and Bruce's boat.jpg
I think the one with the arrow is Brian's (Homeless) and I think one of the boats in the circle is Bruce's boat, but I could be wrong, hard to really identify in the photo and I can never pick which one is Bruce's boat looking from behind.

We used Brian's dingy with the electric motor (and a battery in a bit better condition than the one he was using before) to travel across to his boat this morning, adjust the ropes to adjust it's position to gain clearance from the bollards in front, just in case the river rises more before tonight, so the houseboat doesn't float forward over the bollards and make a mess of the underside.
I'll add some photos in a few mins taken from the dingy this morning.

T1 Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Unbelievable photo, water, water everywhere, would this type of flood happen in Mannum very often ??

Please protect yourselves from the mosquitoes. :?
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:59 pm Marina with Brian and Bruce's boat.jpg

I think the one with the arrow is Brian's (Homeless) and I think one of the boats in the circle is Bruce's boat, but I could be wrong, hard to really identify in the photo and I can never pick which one is Bruce's boat looking from behind.

We used Brian's dingy with the electric motor (and a battery in a bit better condition than the one he was using before) to travel across to his boat this morning, adjust the ropes to adjust it's position to gain clearance from the bollards in front, just in case the river rises more before tonight, so the houseboat doesn't float forward over the bollards and make a mess of the underside.
I'll add some photos in a few mins taken from the dingy this morning.

T1 Terry
I think that's about on the money with Bruce's boat Terry. About were I would have said.
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Put the photos on the wrong thread, but you can follow the link if you wanna see them :lol: viewtopic.php?p=137514#p137514
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO