Camping

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Camping

Post by Shirley »

[attachment=0]20221223_130155.jpg[/attachment.

Would you be able to camp in your street where this camper has been erected?
Ok how do i turn the photo, came home after shopping & saw this had been set up?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Re: Camping

Post by Dot »

Doubt it will be there long, council will not approve but maybe if just for a couple of days and they are quiet I would cope. Bruce or Terry will turn it when they call in, it never works when I try.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Shirley, its almost a common occurrence around here, at this time of the year. Sometimes they are on the road, other times on the grass verge. There aren't a lot of footpaths around here. I would expect they are mates or rellos of the household. Our council only does something if someone complains.
I would be almost certain that there would be a by-law against it though. Stealth camping in the motorhome is much less obvious.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Shirley, that's almost as bad as the backpackers in a wizzbang who knocked on our door to ask could they camp in our back yard. Got the royal farewell asap.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Doesn't really bother us & would be relatives or friends of the owner, whom appear to be away in their caravan, there is a concrete pad just in on the property from where the camper is set up, just thought it a little cheeky almost on the road :lol: the home sold a couple of years ago have met but don't really know the new owners. Our street is a dead end, goes up to a point so no drive thru traffic.

Wow Deborah, now that was cheeky especially when you do have a local caravan park.
We did have a runnerbout boat come to our jetty out of fuel one evening, asking to buy some petrol, unfortunately we didn't have any petrol at the time but our son who lives next door but one filled their tank, they insisted on paying him then asked directions back to Gwando in the dark they didn't have a clue where they were on the lake.

David we don't have kerb & guttering or footpaths either, don't think we will ever see it in our lifetime, great place to live although it has changed from the quite little village atmosphere it was 27 years ago, when we purchased the old cottage after watching the for sale on it when we use to anchor overnight in the bay, when we moved here most of the residences were holiday homes/weekenders.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

On Rutherglen’s Main Street one house (changed ownership 3 months ago) has a 40ft bus conversion m/h parked in the driveway with sunscreens on the windscreen … and protruding far enough to block the footpath. Pedestrians have to detour onto the unmown nature strip.
Turned up a week ago.
We presume it’s Christmas visitors.
If it’s still there in a couple of weeks I will contact our friendly local rozzers.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Might be a bit of it over the next month or so because of the flood and limited camping areas.

Same with the bush fires, some councils give a bit of leniency.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

The camper has all been packed up, maybe they came to visit not knowing that the owners had gone away or someone may have complained.
Perfect day weather wise but now we have lightning & occasional thunder, sky is still mostly blue & sun shinning.
Shirley & Bruce.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

8pm still 25c & no rain arrived, watching the Vision Australia Carols, great start by Simon Gleeson.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

It's raining a little here now. Been a weird day. Don't reckon I saw the sun at all.
Shirley, I reckon the camper will be be back for another overnight in a week or two. Probably a relo or mate, just passing by.
Merry Christmas everyone. 🎅
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.