Thankyou Ron (Noggins)

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
BruceS
Site Admin

Thankyou Ron (Noggins)

Post by BruceS »

I was recently asked to demote Ron (Noggins) or delete his account altogether as he no longer has a caravan or motorhome.
Noggins is a very regular visitor to the forum and enjoys keeping up with the members movements around the country.
I'm sure everyone on here would like to keep Noggins on as a member? :?: :?:
I'd like to thank Ron for his past efforts in assisting on the background duties in keeping the Forum going.
A big thankyou from myself personally Ron!!! ;) ;)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Keith Morris

Re: Thankyou Ron (Noggins)

Post by Keith Morris »

Ron is a member of this Forum and has been for some time. That little "dot" is a FULLSTOP.

I recall that there are several who contribute to this forum who do not have a motorhome or caravan or anything with a bed and a stove and 4 wheels (the MG-3 does not qualify) and are active members.
Does this person want all of these members "ousted" because they don't agree with an occasional aggressive style posting, or does the complaint only relate to our Ron "Noggins" bloke.. SHAME !! GET A LIFE!!

I trust that the more lucid members still accept me as a member, or am I also to be "ostracized" because no longer own a motorhome.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here-- double posting was unintentional, but as it had appeared twice --then read it again.
There is a message contained therein.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Thanks anyway Keith.
People can make their own minds up in this 'free' country.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess?
Ron did step forward when volunteers were called for. Thanks again Ron!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Ron,thanks for your time and input into your admin role here it can sometimes be a PITA but I understand your decision. No need to disappear because you don't have an RV of any shape or form as Tanks said there are many here now that don't.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Agree I better sign off too, we don't own an RV vehicle at the moment, we do still own 2 tents, one a 12x12 marquee. :lol: :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I’ve got a tarp I can throw over a rope between trees… 🤣

(Thanks Ron for your service to this forum. Long may you reign. 👍)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Keith aka Tanks...

Mate, for an old fart - yeah, just like me - you still got plenty of 'ammo' in your backpack & you don't need a licence to use it.

ONYA!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BruceS wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:18 am I was recently asked to demote Ron (Noggins) or delete his account altogether as he no longer has a caravan or motorhome.
Noggins is a very regular visitor to the forum and enjoys keeping up with the members movements around the country.
I'm sure everyone on here would like to keep Noggins on as a member? :?: :?:
I'd like to thank Ron for his past efforts in assisting on the background duties in keeping the Forum going.
A big thankyou from myself personally Ron!!! ;) ;)
If I get this correctly, someone else is asking to have Ron removed as a moderator or member all together .... seriously, where were they when requests were put forward when we needed help moderating the forum? So why do they think that someone who did put himself up for the thankless job should now be removed from that position because he doesn't have a motorhome or caravan ..... this is that other mob where the GOB rule ... or at least did until that forum got shut down, we are open to all and as long as your opinion is stated as being your opinion and not that of the whole membership, you have the right to have your say .... you might not agree with it, life's a bit like that, but it doesn't mean you can just get rid of them because you don't agree with what they say ......

You still have my support Ron and I thank you for the job you are doing, don't let them get to you mate

Happy New Yr everyone :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Ron,
“Nil carborundum illegitimati!”

(“Don’t let the bast**ds grind you down!”)
😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields